1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Christians Can Masturbate?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. ignats

ignats Fapstronaut

Exactly, believe it or not, that was actually one of the lawful situations for opioids I had in mind while the post. Similarly there may be lawful situations and edge-cases for "the topic at hand", but those are not the situations that we are discussing here I believe.

He broke God's Law to the Israelites which made it his responsibility to raise children in the name of his deceased brother. That was the only reason he was supposed to touch his brothers wife. He ignored God's obligation ("lest that he should give seed to his brother") while at the same time using it as an excuse to touch the wife. Very bad. The situation has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Of course, you can say "God was also angry because he did M", but that's not in the text - the Bible remains silent on that issue in that passage. To my knowledge Rio is right that there are no explicit commands against it in the Bible. Nevertheless, as I argued above I am sure that it is (generally speaking) unlawful in either case. Still, always be on your guard if Scriptures are taken in context, by yourself or others.

2. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Any type of premarital lewdness is counted as fornication, masturbation is one, especially when you are fully aware of it. Jesus said that lust in the heart is adultery.

But generally speaking, off course Christian CAN sin since we're in the flesh, groaning for the rapture and our glorified body. Christianity is a fight against the flesh deceitful nature. We rise above it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. EXPONENTIALLY

The Law wasn't there yet, it was the age of 'Conscience' I think, after the flood when God said he won't flood the Earth again and the rain bow was a reminder of his covenant.

4. LocoMoco

LocoMoco Fapstronaut

Kind of an odd question, but what bible translation is that from? The king james version has the same meaning, but that was much easier to understand.

5. EXPONENTIALLY

Jesus said that a man is defiled by what comes OUT of him (bad words, wasted seed, bad behaviour, dark projects).

6. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Hate to break this to you mate, but you're "wasting seed" all the time - when sperm age they are excreted in nocturnal emissions or in the urine. Not doing so results in decreased motility and unhealthy sperm. Just another part of the cool system God designed in you.

Also, while yes Moses had not yet written down the Law, ancient Mesapotamian cultures had a great deal of laws, particularly surrounding kinship and succession and many of which were codified in Mosaic law. But more importantly, God had given the promise to Abraham. So, yeah the Law had not been given, but the covenant with Abraham had. Onan's sin, therefore, was not trusting God to be faithful to fulfill that covenant. Onan's role was that of "kinsman redeemer" (here you see the practice and understanding of the Law is applied even though Moses hasn't written it yet), and his job was to get Tamar pregnant so that the baby would legally be his dead brother's and his brother's family line could continue. It was not in Onan's self-interest to do so, as it meant his portion of the inheritance, as well as any legal claims to the child, would be greatly lessened or non-existent. All of this is action against God's promise to make Abraham's descendants as numerous as the sand on the seashore and super selfish. So God killed him.

Oh, and that comment about what comes out of a man defiles him - it's in the context of a quote from Isaiah:
    ‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’ Jesus' comments are not merely about words, but about your heart orientation when the act (whatever the act is) occurs. It ties back to the sin of Onan: his heart was not in the right place.