1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First realisation I have a problem. Pied with wife.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by K Dog, Jan 18, 2019.

1. K Dog

K Dog New Fapstronaut

Hi guys

3 days ago I have finally come to the realisation I have a serious problem. My wife and I have for a couple of years lost touch with our intimacy. A combination of serveral factors. Long hour jobs, she gained wait and lost got lost confidence. We have been only doing the deed here and there for the last 2 years.

Over the last few years I’ve become accustomed to this and have been PMOing almost on a daily basis, like it was a part of my daily routine. More recently we’ve both been hitting the gym and she’s lost weight looking good (not that I had a problem with her anyway). So we were going to get our sex life back to how it used to be and also would like to have kids.

Last week we tried having sex and 1 out of 3 times I couldn’t get hard. This is when I realised that PMO had completely desensitised me to to a real woman right in front of me.

Usually I bottle things up and keep them to myself, but I figured I owe my wife enough that I have to tell her what I’ve been doing the last couple of years and why this is happening, and admit it is my fault and I need help. This was extremely difficult as we are wanting kids. She took it well and will work with me.

5 days ago was my last PMO. I have plans to see the doctor Monday and discuss with him my situation. I will ask for V to help with the kids side of things. And I will cancel P out of my life 100%. I am strong willed so this won’t be a problem.

I have noticed I have flatlined after 5 days of no P. Not much sex drive at all. The first 2 days after I admitted to my wife I had a problem, I was extremely depressed at what a discusting failure I have become. I’m 35. Today after booking a doctors appointment and also discussing it more with my wife, I feel like I can get back on top of this shit, and get back on top of my wife!

If you have a SO it’s best to bite the bullet and have the difficult conversation.

I’ll pop on time to time with updates.

2. suntannedsailor

suntannedsailor Fapstronaut

Good luck on your journey!

K Dog and Coolyorky like this.
  3. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Fapstronaut

Good luck - you've taken a great first step. We're all in this together

Coolyorky and K Dog like this.
  4. Nu-Dae

Nu-Dae Fapstronaut

This is an amazing step. I've pied'd with my wife in the past. And it was part of a big turning point for me as well. We also lost the spark in our marriage, and I also turned to PMO almost daily.

If it helps any, in my experience after about 2 weeks I was feeling okay, after about 30 days I was feeling great. We had sex around the 45th day and my erections were good to go. This is tough dude, no way around it. But you've taken the biggest, most challenging steps- admitting you have a problem, talking about it and starting your recovery. Wishing you all the best! You got this!

Coolyorky, K Dog and Andy Dufresne like this.
  5. Press on

Press on Fapstronaut

You can do it man. Your brain will heal in time and you will be back to normal. There are similarities to our stories, so fear not.

Coolyorky and K Dog like this.
  6. K Dog

K Dog New Fapstronaut

Thanks guys. Glad I joined this group! Good to not feel like I’m alone in this.

Press on, Andy Dufresne and Coolyorky like this.
  7. Coolyorky

Coolyorky Fapstronaut

My pied is improving. Stop PMO and you start to recover! Don’t touch your pecker unless you’re washing or taking a piss

nudae, Press on and K Dog like this.
  8. Nu-Dae

Nu-Dae Fapstronaut

Yup!

9. K Dog

K Dog New Fapstronaut

Still cruising along. No PMO or and P for that matter.

nudae likes this.
  10. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Fapstronaut

Well done. Keep it up. Watch out for any sneaky triggers as this thing can sometimes sneak up on you when you least expect it.

K Dog likes this.