1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Year Of Nofap, 1 heck of a ride.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by TheMessenger, Feb 7, 2015.

1. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Huge congrats what you said about everyone choosing their own path is very eloquent. That being said...Don't you dare relapse after writing such a monumental and highly confident success story lol. Not an option. Keep inspiring those here.

2. wotawanka

wotawanka Fapstronaut

I will do, I jump to conclusions sometimes. Apologies for that.

3. wotawanka

wotawanka Fapstronaut

Ok so I have read your other posts now. I've got to congratulate you on your achievements and I'm so glad you're much happier now. I think the most I have managed is 30 days and I'm getting ready to have another go. 200 days is seriously impressive and I guess I should look at what you are doing now with what you have achieved with how I would have been at your age. Basically I would have written pretty much exactly the same stuff as you so I apologise for being critical of you.

I still think you might have flipped too far the other way into over confidence. But's that's an observation now, not a criticism. One thing I would say is that I had a period at around your age when I had ridiculous confidence with women and pulled everything in sight. I thought I liked women and it turned out I just liked what they could do for me. There is a big difference and it's most common to find that out the hard way.

4. elgreko

elgreko Fapstronaut

Just wanted to congratulate you.What was your secret? Any tips?

elgreko

5. TheMessenger

TheMessenger Fapstronaut

over confidence, i use to think believing in myself to much was a bad thing to, until i realised no one will believe in you more then you will, i will never dim my light cause someone else was afraid to shine his, if im the only one lighting up the dark then il be the guide till everybody finds their own light, over confidence you say? no such thing, athletes, millionaires, head strong political figures, they needed super human like confidence to do what they do, nofap will make you realize the box we were all trapped in, i was in your exact same shoes my friend, embrace the idea of being great as a individual, dont run. Love yourself and embrace every gift you have, never let self conscious people dim your flame, burn it down and walk away like a bad ass

fight hard and finish strong friend ;)

6. DireWolf

DireWolf Fapstronaut

im with TheMessenger on this one, western culture has raised us to confuse the terms confidence with arrogance, in my opinion being confident and a good person is never wrong because you are doing the right things while motivated by the fact that you believe in yourself to do anything you set yourself to, being arrogant is just being a scumbag tho, so they are very different things, keep up the good work TheMessenger

7. Mad Max

Mad Max Fapstronaut

I hope to join you one day...

8. Enguardsom

Enguardsom Fapstronaut

9. ratpack

ratpack Fapstronaut

Just saw this and it came (pun intended) at the right time for me. Today has been the most difficult day yet for me after feeling the after-effects of a wet dream and I was starting to think "why not just once". As one of my major reasons for starting this is to stop wasting my sexual energy on digital women and become confident and successful with actual women, this post has re-energized me to buckle down and march on. Thanks, and congratulations!

10. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

This is an amazing story and I congratulate you. I wish there had been better progress with stopping the objectification of women but it will hopefully come. Maybe I am misinterpreting your post but it sounds as though you still view women as "things" to dominate.