1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems to urinate in public bathrooms

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Clemente123, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Clemente123

Clemente123 Fapstronaut

so I got that problem that if I am in a public bathroom and another guy is next to me I can't piss.
    Does anyone here also have this?
    Any tips on how to get over it?

2. Clemente123

Clemente123 Fapstronaut

That's not good advice actually. You just saying to avoid the problem, not fix it.

u376 and Optimum Fortitude like this.
  3. KillCommunism

KillCommunism Fapstronaut

Just do it. Seriously, just do it. I doubt there is some yoga bullshit advice anyone can give you to get over it. The best advice you'll ever get is... just do it. Come on dude, if I can will myself out of sleep paralysis, you can piss in front of other men in a non gay way...

4. I may be wrong, but I think it has to do with insecurities. I've had this issue for years, but on my last streak on hard mode, I ended up being able to go with another guy in the room. I would guess it was because my confidence was raising.

Clemente123 likes this.
  5. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

That's kinda the general idea when public situations are involved.

Either man up or hide.

6. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

I used to be unable to use urinals. Now I use them regularly. Just keep trying. Relaxation is important. Try using the urinal when no one else is around. Use it every time you pee. Even if you have to poop use the urinal first. If you have to pee in a stall always stand up. In a crowded bathroom start when no one is next to you. It will be easier to maintain your stream when someone steps beside you.

7. Telling someone with a phobia to "man up" and "just do it" doesn't work. The problem isn't logical, otherwise it would have been fixed a long time ago.

You have some inner problem that your brain is trying to protect you from. It believes that you are in danger or potentially so, when in reality you're not.

A hypnotherapist should be able to sort this out for you pretty quickly. @Exponential Power is correct that relaxation will go a long way towards helping.

8. Clemente123

Clemente123 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the helpful advice
    Appreciate it.
    I will start therapy next month , it won't be hypno but I think that talking about the problem and getting conscious about it will do it.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  9. Coolyorky

Coolyorky Fapstronaut

Take a piss in a cubicle. Now and again try the urinal. Keep going till you’re used to it. Out of habit I always go to the end of the pisser

10. Then don't use them. It seems to me you've two choice use them or don't use them. There's no shame in using them. I have no problem using them myself.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  11. Avoiding stuff isnt always good advice, but it's also not always bad advice. In this situation, I would say it's not that big of a deal to just use a stall instead. I dont think my husband uses urinals unless theres like tons of people in the bathroom and he doesnt want to wait for a stall. He doesnt like using urinals, so he doesnt. It's not that big of a deal.

But I guess if its really important to you, then you should just keep trying, but I dont think it would be wrong if you to just not use them if its easier for you. Life is hard enough already, theres no need to make the simple act of using the bathroom even harder for yourself when you could just use s stall in peace. At least that's my opinion.

Clemente123 likes this.
  12. Happens to a lot of men. It used to happen to me. Once, an online English teacher said that this happened to him (don't even know why he was telling that in that lesson) and he would say the famous "yes you can" to pee, he then proceeded to say he was kidding, but I think he was not, and I applied it ever since and it worked for me haha Now I don't "need" it. I know it's stupid, but it worked for me, what can I say...

13. Clemente123

Clemente123 Fapstronaut

Yes it won't be wrong , but if I can't it's because there s a psychological thing going on that needs to be fixed. Plus I am an eco guy. I close the shower when using soap and etc , I don't like the idea of spending 10 liters of water just because I can't piss in an urinal

14. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

This is called shy bladder
    Excess masturbation can cause this
    Earlier I was suffering from it......but now I don't have much problem.......as it's 400+ days without masturbation

Clemente123 likes this.
  15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

What a bloody stupid thing to say! How do you take a piss in a public bathroom in a gay way!?

16. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

"Wooo look at me, I spelt my whole name in piss!"

Knighthawk likes this.
  17. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Have you any idea why this is an issue mate? Do you have any thoughts in your mind in that situation that might suggest what the problem is? If that is possible, you can deal with the root cause, rather than the symptom. :) On the other hand, you can get into a tranquil headspace as you stand there, so you are not focused on where you are. Another practical tip is to imagine someone pouring water slowly from a large jug into a glass. Hopefully, the association of ideas will help, lol. ;)

18. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

I get this. Mine's more annoying because at work I cannot piss if I am stood next to somone senior to me! I assume it's some kind of chimp-brain thing. The only advice I can give is to imagine large expanses of water, waves crashing on the shore, that kind of thing.

19. KillCommunism

KillCommunism Fapstronaut

It ain't that hard to think of how one may accomplish that task.