1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some guidance about this accident

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lampard21, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Lampard21

Lampard21 Fapstronaut

So yesterday while I was filling out my final's answer sheet, this girl who was sitting next to me, accidentally dropped her spare pen. Not being an a**hole, I reached out to pick the pen up and give it to her. I did so and she thanked me, but when I was giving the pen, she didn't take the pen properly, pushed it out of my hand and it fell on the ground with a much more force than the first time, and the pen (which was mechanical) got broken into pieces. We laughed at this accident a little and we continued to finishing the test. I could reassemble and the pen, but one of the parts was missing. After that I felt a little guilty and it came to my mind to buy another pen and give it to her.

This girl is not in my class and tommorow will be my last chance to pay back. I don't know if I should do this or not, because in where I live, people take what I do out of context and think that I'm flirting with that girl and stuff, but in reality, I'' just wanna be a gentleman and even this accident happened with a boy or a grown man, I would still do this.

Am I thinking about this too much? Am I supposed to do this? I really need some help.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Man, pens are cheap, I wouldn't buy her one for that accident. I would rather only do it if I wanted to flirt with her, I'd say something like "here, I bought you a new one so you can write me your number" hahahaha But come on, I'm sure she doesn't care about it, pens are cheap.

3. Whether or not you want to buy her a pen is up to you, but I can say, as a woman, I would 100% consider that as flirting. So if you aren't trying to flirt with her, dont bother. I doubt it was her only pen.

Lampard21 likes this.
  4. Ask yourself this... if it was an ugly woman or a man would you feel the same amount of guilt and buy him/her a new pen?

If the answer is yes, buy her a new one but she would probably assume you’re flirting.

If you wouldn’t buy the man or ugly woman a new pen, then you’re only feeling guilty because you are attracted to her and want to make a good impression.

5. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

"I just wanna be a gentleman and even this accident happened with a boy or a grown man, I would still do this."

Nothing personal mate but this is not being a gentleman. This is taking "nice" to a creepy level. High chance she will not understand the gesture (either think you want to hit on her) or be uncomfortable.

On the other hand, the next time you meet her, just greet her and ask her how the test went. That's a great way to get a conversation going if you are at all interested in being her friend or a possible love interest.

If you just want to buy her a pen for nice-being's sake, I would advise you to refrain. That's certainly really socially awkward. I don't know why you would feel guilty over such a thing, honsetly.

Randy and Lampard21 like this.
  6. If your intention is not to flirt then don't do this. Even if she was a grown man it would still feel like flirting for some gay action. And if she would be a young boy then it's straight up creepy. There is no way that anybody would interpret this any other way than flirting.

Besides, why would you feel guiltily for her being extra clumsy? Come on...

Lampard21 likes this.
  7. Lampard21

Lampard21 Fapstronaut

I'm pretty sure it was her spare pen, so it's no biggie, then.
    Thanks for the advice!

Yeah I know, sometimes I became extra and abnormally considerate, and I guess this is one of those times.
    Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
    As I said in my post, I still would have felt guilty even if she was a boy or a grown man, because that's how I am. But you are right, the fact that she is a girl has definitely affected me, because you know, I'm a man and I'm interested in women and I can't ignore it
    Considering the other replies I read here, I think it's best not to buy the pen, but nonetheless, thanks for your help!