1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Americans are Germans

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I didn't know America was so german. I thought it was more of a Midwest thing.

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Is Spain suddenly not European? I’m sure the USA has a lot of those descendants.

3. Yeah, it's weird since the Spanish Empire comprised a large part of both Americas.

I guess it's because most Spanish Americans consider themselves Latinos.

MLMVSS likes this.
  4. "Biggest European ancestral group" doesn't mean most. Also, most of the colonists were English, but after 300-400 years, most of their descendants have lost track of their ancestry and just think of themselves as Americans. Look at the most common American last names (Smith, Jones, Brown, Johnson, Williams, Wilson) They are all English names. Americans of English descent are definitely undercounted.

5. You're mostly correct. I was making a provocative title to get attention :)

But most American last names are English because the British Empire was the last one to rule most of the territory.

Randy likes this.
  6. Hella_Bread

Hella_Bread Fapstronaut

Lollipop101 likes this.
  7. yaaarp

yaaarp Fapstronaut

I thought they were all Irish, going by the way they celebrate St Paddy's Day

8. I'm pretty sure Marcus Aurelius Mausaeus Valerius Carausius disagrees.

9. I would have guessed english and french! Really interesting. Is there one like this for Canada?

10. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Most Europeans are also German; The Suebi (Portugal), Visigoths (Spain), Franks (France), Angles and Saxons (England), Lombards (Italy), Batavians (Dutch), Flemish (Belgian). Even Russians could be considered German because of their Viking ancestry.

Eisenhower was a first generation German-American.

11. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

Germany, the world's most underrated nation, mostly underrated by Germans themselves.

Re:Born likes this.
  12. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

hum ... I think thats stretching a bit far. I don't think you could make that case today.

13. It's as if the Germans won World War II! :)

My last name is German, my mother's maiden name is German, and both my grandmother's maiden names are German. I live in Wisconsin. I have a cousin who went to a German immersion school here. We love our beer, cheese, sausage (including bratwurst), sauerkraut, German potato salad, German chocolate cake, polka

14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I love eating at the Hof Brau.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. You mean the one in Munich? I went there when I was 17 and it was the best vacation I've ever been on.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.