1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

communication challenge, nofap 1.1

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ROB999, Jan 26, 2019.

1. ROB999

ROB999 Fapstronaut

i had a brain spasm and wrote a note on my computer and it was the following, i felt like sharing it

Talk more, don't be a b*tch:
    What i have learned in life when it comes to communication is: don't expect people to be brave and talk to you,
    you make things happen, be the action man, be the change in your life

when talking to people you barely know and want to get to know; don't wait for them to talk to you, talk to them

Having a little bit of balls to say "hi, how are you?" isn't hard, but that simple sentence can change your life:

that moment of communication can change your life:
    it can and it will start some form of relationship, a social relationship where you respect each other and say hello
    but also a relationship where the other person has reached you socially and feels more comfortable
    this person (you) they respect enough and they know you the social skills (which people admire) to communicate with them

being a better communicator can give you further confidence in communication and result you in becoming a better person,
    and a happier person

what can result in taking communicative action:
    you gain a friend/girlfriend
    you have a more interesting/active life with people caring about you and you caring about them
    you become more of a human in the way that your communication skills improve and you can understand people

here is the challenge: every day make an effort to break a barrier and have a conversation with a stranger,
    the guy at the gas station, someone at the gym.. the more you try the better you will be, your subconsious will change and
    your life will change

good luck

2. I love the honesty and accountability.

ROB999 likes this.
  3. Excellent brain spasm! That is an excellent way to start rewiring your brain and constructing a transcending subconscious. Your idea should result in a huge change in your life, just even a simple compliment here or there opens up opportunities. One thing I would suggest though, is harnessing an intention of what you are striving to accomplish. Sometimes, opening up to certain people brings opportunities which you do not want. Envision your desired outcome, be it becoming a better complimenter, becoming more charismatic, etc. Do it with intent, analyze anything that felt out of place, take notes, improve and hit it again. You've got a hell of an idea man. Make it happen, you know you can.

ROB999 likes this.
  4. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Being able to deal with the rejection of communication, and how you handle yourself is just as important (not in dating terms). Dont go in being over confident thinking everything will your way.

Say you tried opening up to someone, but they returned it an negatively. Tell the yourself the person is just having a bad day, and you tried to make it better.

Realize not everyone wants to open up. Some choose to harden their hearts, and feel comfortable with it. Dont take the blame for it.

In truth most people just want someone to "listen" to them. If they were confident enough like you are then they would be honest and open. But dont force it upon them that they must do so.

ROB999 likes this.
  5. HughFennell

HughFennell Fapstronaut

Great idea.
    This can be very helpful for people who suffer from the anxiety of communication. It will also allow you to learn to feel confident in the presence of strangers.

ROB999 likes this.