1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Yes I get it but for me struggling with this love addiction thing it is helpful to carve out time in my day just to thank myself - not others for doing this or that to me - in this way I feel more grounded and more in tune with myself, I feel more self-sufficient and turn that inner critic down because I readjust the focus to myself and try to see good things in myself and work on them - not become focused on bad things which leads to bad mood in general. It's how I trick and train my mind to be more submissive to me. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on how these other methods have worked for you.

RightEffort likes this.
  2. 82 days, checking in. HOpe you're all doing well...

3. OK, you're on it. Watch your alerts, I'll tag you when we have an opening.

4. Congrats, @discovery, you are our new top dog.

5. @AEC Josh2415 - we haven't heard from you in a while. Please reply to this comment if your counter is up to date and you want to remain listed in our member ranking.

6. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Awesome! :D

artifact and Freeman82 like this.
  7. check in: day 34 running. Thanks to a lot of pranayama today I feel very good and focused in the present moment. Though I cannot ignore the fact that in less then eight hours I'll set a new all time personal best in rebooting from PMO!
    Good luck to all of you

8. Thanks @RightEffort and @artifact for being there, each on your own, helpful way.

I´m still here, and didn´t felt, just rode it out, and said, hey, I´m right there from those 90, let me just push thru...
    I´m better now. Lots of meditation and reading of sacred text.
    I found out that what helps me the most is the thought that if I want to meet someone special I can´t come from a place of need and mental weakness.

9 more... lets do this.

Abrazos!!!!!

9. What do you think about "goals"? like... after I finished my last post I stayed thinking... "do I have a goal? which is it? 90 days? NoFap for ever? to meet someone? save my spiritual energy'" ...
    Do you have one defined goal?
    I have to admit that my main one is a spiritual one.

discovery and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Good question.

One thing I learned from a mentor is to ask what decision would make me most grateful 5 years from now.

I am thinking about this myself - my goal is a more direct connection and awareness of my higher Self being able to listen to that small voice and be willing and courageous enough to follow it

Deleted Account and discovery like this.
  11. thekingfisher

thekingfisher Fapstronaut

I'm checking in on day 4. After I made it to a 15 days streak, I relapsed last week. The good thing is that P isn't constantly on my mind and I'm able to focus on other things.

My current goal is to make it to 90 days. Having many people in this group who are setting long streakes gives me lots of motivation and confidence, thanks for all that.

Espi1971, KumarJK, discovery and 3 others like this.
  12. That is a good tool right there. I´m going to use it.

Keep at it. And yes For me is the same, P just vanishes away, it even seems grotesque at some point, p is another story... but good job man. Check in yes!!!!

I think I´m definitely doing this for spiritual reasons.

discovery, RightEffort and KumarJK like this.
  13. hey guys did you hear from @srussell ? Did he leave our group? Could you share a few words what happened, because he just reached his 90 day goal -

I like to know what happens to people after the 90 day Lol

14. He was dropped from the ranking because he had not commented in over four weeks. He did not reply my comment asking him if he still wants to be in the group.

RightEffort likes this.
  15. My goal right now is 90 days, after that I plan to just keep on truckin'. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Maybe somewhere down the road I will start dating and look for a relationship. Before I do that, I would like to get some serious nofap time, though.

16. @joy2move - we have an opening in the group and you are next on the waiting list. Please reply to this comment if you are still interested in joining.

17. Maybe after 90 days, we can make a group to reach our relationship goals only open to those who have at least 90 days of NoFap and are committed to doing another 90 days of NoFap :)

I realized my goal now is to do 1 year of NoFap, but after the 90 days, I'm feeling ready to start dating again.

18. just noticed in the group description it says this group is for guys like myself... but I recently learned we also have 2 girls in our group. so perhaps that has to be updated to "guys or girls..." ;)

discovery likes this.
  19. Nice catch. I assumed this was mostly a guy problem when I started the thread. :)

20. LOL I thought so too, until I called @fleurette a bro and she corrected me :D

artifact, discovery and thekingfisher like this.