1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Success

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Lemonquack, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Lemonquack

Lemonquack Fapstronaut

I notice a lot of people who relapse call it a failure.
    I'd like to discourage this. We focus on the success of how Lon we lasted and the fact that we are here in the frat place.

Just a thought.

2. You are right :) I do personally like to Count days but I do also like to watch my progress over the months. December 2014 was my alltime best month With a total of 19 days clean and january was my second best month With one more relapse. During that period I beat my personal record Three times :) That is real progress. It looks like february is going to be even better With 12 out of 17 days clean this far.

3. crushurcravings

crushurcravings Fapstronaut

I very much agree with this. Rather than going back to day 0 (as this can be extremely discouraging and potentially cause more damage) every single time you relapse, it's very important to look at it from a more positive perspective as well.

Personally I've created a scoring system.

December 28/31
    January 31/31
    February 18/18

This is my progress so far. That means that even if I do relapse, I don't go back to the dreadful 0 days.
    This also means that if you're strong and fortunate enough to make it to 30 days, you might as well try to reach 90 while you're at it :)

4. jay92

jay92 New Fapstronaut

I like this kind of approach it's less daunting that thinking "right I shall never masturbate ever again"

5. Ghost.

Ghost. Fapstronaut

I don't agree. Relapse is failure. And you WILL fail. A lot. And then you succeed. And that's exactly why it's so worth it.

6. Lemonquack

Lemonquack Fapstronaut

Very interesting ghost. I make the point because it can be very demoralizing to reset to day zero. When I see a post that somebody has relapsed I like to point out that they haven't failed.
    Do you think that not thinking of a relapse of a failure makes failure more likely?
    You may be right. I'm not sure.