1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Race to 90 - To the victor goes the title

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Hello Upward Bound, stoked that you have joined the team and am excited to me here with you.

2. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Day 36 of 90: Time flies in 24 hrs. It was a good one and I felt calm and steddy. I do need more sleep, but otherwise things are good.

3. Godsent7

Godsent7 Fapstronaut

Well I really started on Tuesday, but since I’m new to the community and I started my day counter, I did well in these past 24 to 48 hours. The urges did come especially when I’m waking up in the morning, I fought it off by getting out of bed and went straight to work earlier than normal, which allowed me to be more productive.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  4. Alex de la huerta

Alex de la huerta New Fapstronaut

After several relapses I am starting this week again with some changes on my NoFap strategies. I would appreciate your thoughs on whether these or other steps have helped you abstain from relapsing to this destructive addiction:
    1st. after trying several P blockers I finally downloaded "Blocksite" on my cellphone and "Blue Coat K9 web protection". these blockers have proven to be pretty effective.
    2nd. I avoid browsing for more than 15-20min to read the news and move to something else beofre the craving comes.
    3rd. Every night setting a few goals for the next day, just 2-4 small things I want to achieve help me stayed focused.

Im sharing all of this because I started my struggle on Dec 2016 but never really commited to it and now PIED is a reality.

Keep going, dont stop fighting!

5. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Day 37 of 90: 24 hours crushed. It was good with nothing to report.

6. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

You are doing great! Remember you only have to take on these 24 hrs and that is do able. I strongly recommend posting every day. It is a positive and motivating this when you can get your thoughts and struggles out of you.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  7. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

You are in the right place. Those are all good things for you to do. But I have found that PMO thrives in thoughts and silence. So my recommendation is this:

1. Get your thoughts out of you and onto the forum. Writing about my temptations, without be graphic. I find that this robs the PMO of the power of feeling alone, shame, and inner fears.

2. Posting daily, it keeps you accountable to the group and yourself and it straightens you and others in the group.

3. Take it 24 hrs at a time...

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  8. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Day 38 of 90: it was a great day.

9. Game4g

Game4g Fapstronaut

My Journal
    30/90

No complaints.. sry hsry havent been posting much.. have been busy studying!!
    Studying is what kept me going and reach the milestone..
    Lets go guys !! We got this

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  10. Excellent work @Game4g !

Game4g likes this.
  11. Godsent7

Godsent7 Fapstronaut

Sorry I haven’t posted, I’ve been busy with classes. I can say that this week has been an amazing week, I’ve gone 5 straight days with NO PMO and I feel great. I’ve gone longer, but it feels great when you feel like you’ve got a streak going on. I just hope to still keep at it and definitely am learning more about this community and how we can all help each other.

JR-62 and Game4g like this.
  12. Godsent7

Godsent7 Fapstronaut

Also, I do I post a thread with out replying to people? Still working out how to nevigate.

JR-62 likes this.
  13. Are you looking to start your own thread? Like a journal?

14. rick2k11

rick2k11 Fapstronaut

Hey! like the last couple of post im very new and hoping there is still room for me to join? i think my day counter is up but i'm not positive.

Alright my back story i started when i was 12 im 24 now so about 12 years or half my current life. As many of you guys probably know it only get darker the longer your immersed in it. It's as if i'm actively working to dismantle my own morales and the longer it goes on the more i get scared about my own mental health. Evil is evil and i don't want to be apart of it anymore. In the end i just want freedom i honestly don't think i remember what it feels like to be happy half the time. So 90 it is 90 to start but i don't want to be stuck on planet P every again.

Ok heavy stuff aside i dont think ive been this motivated or excited to join a community and get back to being myself again.

JR-62, Game4g and Jefe Rojo like this.
  15. Game4g

Game4g Fapstronaut

My Journal
    You are right.. on back of the mind u start thinking shit i have this streak.. i cant give up now..

16. Game4g

Game4g Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Welcome buddy.. i am sure @Jefe Rojo will find your day counter and get u going.. :)

rick2k11 likes this.
  17. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

So glad you are here. There is power in this group. We all lift support and struggle. This burden is not one that must be carried allow.

All that being said, remember, that YOU are the number one person that you must convince never to quit.

May we all Square our shoulders and face PMO with pride that we are active in the fight. But may we never give into shame as we are wounded on the path to victory.

Game4g and rick2k11 like this.
  18. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

I would like to counter this “thought” even though I have thought it may times too.

I think we tend to look too much to our past to try to define our future. Yesterday is Gone and we will Never get it back.
    Tomorrow will always be out of reach and can only be dreamed by what we invision.
    Today is always day # One, because it is the only day we will ever interact with.

Game4g likes this.
  19. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Day 39 of 90: 24 hrs stronger. Today was not a good day for P. I was online and got triggered, later I was tired and started drifting into old habits. I got out of there before it got bad. I am building mental strength slowly but surely.

Andy Dufresne likes this.
  20. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Fapstronaut

Well done for getting out of there bro

Game4g likes this.