1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. hey bro!

What do you mean? I suggest get over the hump and even if you are going to relapse do it from a conscious choice rather than because your going through hard times,

YOu have come 94 days, surely you can pass through this bro - reach out for help if you like - we are here!

discovery, thekingfisher and artifact like this.
  2. May you be happy! may you be free! may you stop taking things personally! :)

We are on a journey to better ourselves, so let's focus on the goal. Be well!

Espi1971, discovery and artifact like this.
  3. Good luck @Heretogrow. This group is still here for you no matter what happens.

Deleted Account and discovery like this.
  4. I know, right? What an ego this guy has. :D

discovery and thekingfisher like this.
  5. @newdad984 , @Lovelife247 and @Eprst , you recently requested membership in our group. If you would still like to join reply to this comment and then re-read the rules so that you can stay listed in our member ranking.

6. Hey guys!

I would like to share that after my recent insights and conversions I am coming to make a choice to end my no PMO challenge.

Since October 28th, 2019 I have had 109 NO PMO Abstinence days and previous to that there is another period of months and I now am convinced that my purpose has been served.

I'm okay not having my name on the hall of fame I feel I have achieved my own decision to show myself I am able to overcome my impulses and my decision is not coming from any impulse or temptation, rather it is coming from my new inner guidance I am receiving that the positive benefits of this experiment has been reached and now it is creating a diminishing return - as a knife that gets too sharp starts to get dull.

I do not want to interrupt your streaks so I keep the details to myself, I suggest you continue with your goals and honor what is true for you.

Thank you so much to @artifact for your amazing group - you really put a lot of amazing effort in to this!

Talk to you guys soon! :)

Rebooter13 and discovery like this.
  7. oretna

oretna Fapstronaut

How could you prevent the relapse?

8. Thanks. One less fapstro to give us hope. One new fapstro to take his place.

Count me in!

9. thekingfisher

thekingfisher Fapstronaut

You'll be missed as one of the most dedicated members on this page. Good luck to you buddy!

RightEffort, discovery and artifact like this.
  10. thekingfisher

thekingfisher Fapstronaut

Checking in on day 10. This is the third time in three months that my tracker is having double digits. Although I relapsed a few times, the urges seem to fade away little by little. This might me just a personal experience for me, but I for those who relapse, don't give up. The experiences of previous streaks will help you on your journey, even though they have been interupted.

discovery likes this.
  11. @RightEffort thanks for your participation in the group and good luck in your journey, wherever it leads you. There will always be place for you here, let me know when/if you want to get back to it.

RightEffort and discovery like this.
  12. Welcome, I will add you to the ranking next time I update it.

13. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Wow man. Totally understand, and respect and support your decision. But remember, you can still post here and interact as much as always, you just wouldn't be on the leaderboard. Hope to keep seeing you around! The group just wouldn't be the same without you.

artifact and RightEffort like this.
  14. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Yesterday I came the closest to relapsing since starting this streak. It had been a wonky couple of days, a lot of things going on to throw me off balance. Then, I was working on my computer and was having a lot of frustrating technical issues. These always affect me the worst. I get obsessed with fixing them and to make it 10 times worse the computer goes SO SLOW.... I was low energy to start with, and feeling very frustrated, with a dash of boredom. The cravings came back, and temporarily relieved these feelings to a degree. I wanted more. I started thinking along the lines that ended my last streak- 'it has been long enough. I can end this. it's okay now.' This time, I kept in mind how that went last time. I thought about this group. Dropping down to the bottom of the leaderboard. Abandoning Freeman82, who I have been walking step-by-step with for a long time. Leaving him alone. I logged onto NoFap and read the boards. Felt good enough to work on the technical issues again and got them fixed. Still wasn't feeling quite out of the woods, and went for a walk. Was fine after that. It's like when you're standing in the water at a beach with big waves and this huge wave is coming at you. It's so big, and imposing, and feels like once it hits you everything will be over. But then you brace yourself, and it hits you, and then it passes, and all is calm again.

15. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Also, just want to mention that I will be going to Cuba tomorrow morning and staying for two weeks. The internet situation is pretty crappy there, so I will most likely not be posting until I get back. I will check in again tonight here, but that will be it for a while. Stay strong everybody!

artifact, Freeman82 and RightEffort like this.
  16. Thank you so much Artifact! Really appreciate hearing that - and I'm keeping the vision of you reaching your goal and hearing about the new changes in your life for the better :)

@discovery - Thank you brother appreciate you! Enjoy Cuba sounds like an amazing time - Cubans are amazing people :)

discovery and artifact like this.
  17. Thank you, Brother ! really appreciate you and your words - Keeping the vision of you evolving to your next version and have the most epic 2019! I'll still visit once a while! Enjoy the journey of self discovery :)

discovery and artifact like this.
  18. Check in. I don't have great internet at the moment. But still here!

19. Glad you were able to get past that challenge, your reward will be triple digits! Enjoy your getaway, we'll be waiting for you.

discovery likes this.
  20. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thanks artifact! It should be a blast. Look forward to catching up on two weeks of news here when I get back!

And.. I was working on the 90 day challenge, and just tried to refresh the page, and it said 'thread doesn't exist'. Then I checked the challenges page, and it seems like they're all gone! (of the x-day challenges, that is). Anyone know what's up? I'll just have to keep a pen and paper tally then, lol