1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I force myself to cry and feel sad

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by White Sheep, Feb 11, 2019.

1. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    What a stupid thing. But I read a thread and some comments about that thread that can happen, and I know that is happening to me. Some years ago I had a sad time becuase of someone and that situation made cry for so so long becuase of that (I won't say how long becuase it is really embarrasing) . I think it is always good to cry and vent through crying. But I dont know, I always look for sad things or I think for the worse scenario can happen and that make me cry. Many people say that I am too weak in that area and I need to improve it. And I agree with that but sometimes I simply can't stop that feeling. Now I get more than a month PMO-free same is happening, becuase my output always was M and now I can't do that I cry instead. I feel a need for crying and make me feel sad at least for some minutes during the day, mostly I do it before to go to bed. That person that wrote that thread said something: we feel cravings for crying becuase we always have suffered and our unconciousness ask for that sadness and we cry to fill the gap our unconciousness is asking for. I want one day be happy and not look for making myself gets sad and cry becuase of it. I know it is good to cry but not in the way I am doing it. Have someone felt in same way once? what have you done?

2. Don't worry at all. It's ok now. Men should express a little more.

3. White Sheep's a female..but maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying :b

Deleted Account and White Sheep like this.
  4. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

From what I'm getting at you used M as an outlet to escape the sadness & crying somebody caused you in the past. That outlet became hardwired in your brain for quite some time to the point where you needed M to escape any kind of sadness & crying. Because you have been PMO free for awhile you no longer have an outlet, and now are having withdrawals so you end up sad and crying.

I see this as an urge, or wanting affirmation to want to use M. Sorry if I am wrong?

Also, seeking out sad things is not an healthy mindset. The very nature of that mindset is destructive. Especially true when people seek it as an means for justification that they are not alone.

I used to seek out sad, dark, depressive stuff several years ago. I felt weak, and was literally crying on the inside because I related. I wanted someone to understand. Because of anxiety and fears of rejection of revealing my feelings I resorted to PMO as an outlet. But I wanted to change that.

You probably haven't met that special person yet. That special person who can make you happy, and give you an new outlet to help rewire your thinking. Getting yourself out there to meet others is always tough, but it puts you in position to loved understood by someone for who you are. Whether that person be an lover or good friend it helps that you can have someone to lean on. It helps so wouldn't be sad as much helping you to steer away from M.

White Sheep likes this.
  5. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thank you so much to take your time for writing, i really appreciate it :). And thanks for your advice.. But you know when i vent my sadness to someone is worse because i cry more. And in real life i don't like to share my feelings, because it makes me feel weak. Maybe i need to fix that...:/ I have friends but not to the point to share my deep deep feelings

6. Yes don’t worry. I remember in my 100+ days streak, i cried many times. The emotions flowed like an avalanche. I cried so much and so hard and felt so much regret but also sadness and healing. The crying is a sign of healing my friend.
    And it’s manly to cry, don’t feel ashamed. Let it out, it’s okay!

White Sheep likes this.
  7. Ash.k

Ash.k Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing that, i think its a good thing to let it out, it sounds like there is a part of you that really needs it, i struggle a lot with my vulnerability, so i am learning how to really open up with people once again instead of locking myself away and covering it up with addiction. Congrats on all the clean time :)

White Sheep and justafriend like this.
  8. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thanks for encouraging and I am a girl btw:) XD.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  9. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yeah, thanks so much. Really appreciate

10. horny nerd

horny nerd Fapstronaut

It's ok I like to play some sad music and cry my heart out. It usually helps or I come up with something I can improve on.

11. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I don't know if it was the place I posted this and suppose is normal girls cry a lot, or the manly way I wrote -.-', or my username or that non girly at all profile pic :v that gives the idea I am a boy, what happened? Ahahahaha

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  12. Ash.k

Ash.k Fapstronaut

Thats all good, i know girls who like me really struggle with being vulnerable, most of us seem to have something fragile inside, alot of how we dealt with it was thru our addictions, i am beggining to realize that i i need to take more responsibility for caring after my little sad clown, thats what i call that part of myself, and have to look after him better, protect him and help him to experience positive connections in the world.

White Sheep likes this.
  13. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

What a manly little sheep :eek:
    This sadness out of the blue is supposedly triggered by our brain chemistry going mad during withdrawal, I on average I cry about once a week (this is the perfect opportunity for someone to think I'm a woman perhaps? )

justafriend and White Sheep like this.
  14. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thank you for give that clue and no no crying is for men too

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  15. rowans

rowans Fapstronaut

You should read or listen audiobook of power of subconsious mind by joseph murphy thats will help you a lot

White Sheep likes this.
  16. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thanks for the suggestion

17. Tafi

Tafi Fapstronaut

It's so okay to cry as much as you want and as much as you can.I believe in the philosophy that says "And my cure from sadness and sorrow is tears poured from the eyes".

White Sheep likes this.
  18. I wish I could cry so bad right now. There's a lot of pent up sadness and heaviness which I was conditioned to repress. It's not a bad thing to feel that sorrow and release it, and it's finite. Maybe you just need to get it out. All the best.

White Sheep likes this.
  19. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

It's okay to cry. Expressing ourselves is necessary, and it makes us feel better after it. But thinking about worse things just to keep crying won't help you feeling any better. I think you should ask yourself: why am I doing this? Will this change my situation? Life is short, and spending it this way will be only a waste of your time, and you don't deserve this.

White Sheep likes this.
  20. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut