1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[ PMO -FREE 2019 CHALLENGE ] - three hundred and sixty five days without PMO in 2019

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by control your life, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Inspark

Inspark Fapstronaut

This sounds on point. Instead of feeding the monkey, I have to something else. Thanks man!!

Beamer and control your life like this.
  2. Ezpz

Ezpz Fapstronaut

3. Nu-Dae

Nu-Dae Fapstronaut

Oh man! Super embarrassing!

I think it's important to note (and maybe I should've said it in my post, too) is that the "problem is not solved". The "problem" is a day-to-day check in with myself where some days are better than others. And the longer I go without PMO, the easier it is.

I know you were just being supportive, and I appreciate that. And I appreciate you putting together this thread and inviting everyone, too. I just want to be clear for everyone reading, we have to be careful to not be too final in our self-analysis that we're cured. That's probably priming us for a relapse. It almost happened to me at 60 and at 90 days. In fact, I think every time I get close to a milestone, that's when I'm the most prone to blow the whole thing.

Anyway, rant over lol. Stay strong, friends.

Randox, Beamer and control your life like this.
  4. Nu-Dae

Nu-Dae Fapstronaut

That's right. But to take it a step further, it's not just about not feeding the monkey, because a hungry monkey is a loud, cranky, annoying, distracting monkey, right? This is about calming the monkey, quieting the monkey, making the monkey your friend. Because sexual urges by themselves are not our enemy. Sexual urges are a natural part of our human experience, and when used in a natural, loving way with a loving partner create amazing sexual experiences.

Our enemy is our compulsive behavior, and that doesn't stem from our sexual urges, that stems from anxiety, depression, emotional and mental unease, maybe trauma of varying degrees. I try to think of it less as, "I'm stopping PMO" and more as "I'm becoming a stronger, more confident, more compassionate, well-grounded man." Focusing on the "problem" tends to make me focus on the problem. Focusing on the solution, tends to make me focus on solutions. Does that make sense? It's like looking at a math problem and going, "I can't do it! I'm stupid!" Instead of looking at it and saying, "I don't know the answer, but maybe my friend does or I can ask the teacher for help or get a tutor or look for resources online."

I commend you for being here. It means your serious about growing, and life is all about growth, Loki. (Thor Ragnarok, anyone?) Also, I get how when you're in the first day/weeks of NoFap how hard it is. And "Not PMO'ing" is all you can think about. (That was my experience anyway.) But I'm hoping for you that you get to 30 days (and beyond) and start to see things, not as trying so hard to not do something, but to see things as being a better man (or woman) and growing in your life and your world around you.

Keep going. You can do this.

Randox, Inspark, Beamer and 1 other person like this.
  5. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

Yah..true...many relapses occur after a long long streaks , and its harder than we think to start again with lost motivation and confidence. In fact a person have to be very careful all the time ,as the battle is for life . One misstep and you can be back to the old ways for long time and this is tough.

Randox, Beamer and nudae like this.
  6. i am groooot

i am groooot New Fapstronaut

In

7. i am groooot

i am groooot New Fapstronaut

8. henry3526

henry3526 Fapstronaut

Checking in for the day

9. meloss

meloss Fapstronaut

Check in day 4

10. Hardcandy

Hardcandy Fapstronaut

11. well you are already at day 7 pal...i was continuously relapsing for last 1 week after having a successful month...finally again starting from today...hope catch you soon...

12. Mattsfreedom

Mattsfreedom Fapstronaut

13. Beamer

Beamer Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

My Journal
    Day 53, checking in :) Stay strong, keep going now ! :)

14. Inspark

Inspark Fapstronaut

Thanks so much @nudae. You are absolutely right about what you said. Focusing on the problem cannot solve it. I realized that when I reached like 3 weeks, which is often my maximum I get more focused on not relapsing. But I relapse around that time. I should focus on long term growth. Thanks again

15. Ezpz

Ezpz Fapstronaut

checking in!

16. Randox

Randox Fapstronaut

17. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

check in guys 53/365
    just today pmo in not an option!

Beamer, Deleted Account and Randox like this.
  18. Dolcevitamoderato

Dolcevitamoderato New Fapstronaut