1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

British and American Stereotypes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Ah, aye football here is massive, like the biggest sport most folks watch here. Though come to think of it Rugby and Cricket are bloody popular as well.

I'm personally not a sports fan as I find it rather boring, but I will say I don't mind seeing hockey now and then.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I think this thread is a terribly good idea. Rather good.

3. I can write a few negative American stereotypes I encountered. One is that we all like to watch cars race counterclockwise in circles for hours, are uneducated (or at least very ignorant.) That we all own guns. That we are all very religous. That we all like Football. That we are all obese, and eat at McDonalds constantly.

The worse overall thing people think about the USA is that our government represents the average citizen. Trump doesn't represent a simple majority, but most people associate him with us. Imagine people forming an opinion about you personally based off your President/Prime Minister/Royal Family.

4. In other words there's a lot of rednecks here.

5. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Depends on where you go.

6. Funny thing is while those are considered American stereotypes the reality is those stereotypes are specifically about the American South. The northeast and the west coast are like different countries compared to the South.

7. I don’t want to get a political debate going but this is a fact. Even if you support Trump this is still a fact. Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by 3 million votes, he’s never had majority support and he never will. His base represents about a third of the country overall. So yea, even though he’s president he doesn’t represent the majority of Americans.

8. This insufferably posh woman who feels the need to tell the world about her nymphomanic 'meat and 2 veg' diet is a disgrace to Britain. Never back down, never apologise.

Americans all have shitty bellends, but we've covered that elsewhere.

9. Maybe we haven't traditionally needed fancy shite because we're not a bunch of fairies.

A good steak is all a man needs. Roast pork with apple sauce? What a treat.

We have bad teeth because we're a nation of hard nuts, and we know our teeth will just end up getting bashed out of shape again anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019
  10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

This is just the same in Britain. All the examples given are available here. But this is not American or British cuisine. o_O

11. It was just a silly joke. Not meant to come across like that. But it was ill advised on reflection. I shall remove it. Please accept my apologies. Sorry.

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Accepted. Congratulations on four weeks PMO-free.

13. Hercules9

Hercules9 Fapstronaut

British food is great. The full English breakfast, Yorkshire puddings, toad in the hole, fish and chips, cottage pie. Beautiful.

American food is just rubbish like pizzas and burgers.

14. Sense

Sense Fapstronaut

Anyone who says we don't have good food has never experienced a proper roast dinner!

What about the American stereotype of everyone being a Christian fundamentalist?