1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Now I got pain in my quadriceps tendon (that's what it feels like anyway) from the pistol squats. HOW? I'm not progressively overloading or anything! :mad:
    I'm just gonna switch to barbell squats (once it feels healed obviously), screw it.

2. Another day, another upper body routine. My leg injury is a really mild one, thank goodness, I can even run without pain. :)

3. Day 5 was pretty lazy, did some regular bodyweight squats to see how it feels (it's not bad, should stay careful tho) and some one legged hip thrusts. Skipped cardio.
    Day 6 upper body routine again. Did double cardio to compensate.

4. So I did leg day at the gym for the first time (I'm self-conscious okay). And it's dawned on me how strong calves (calves in general) actually are. I'm doing one legged calf raises on the leg press using 250 pounds, and it's not even that hard. No wonder a lot of people struggle to develop calves, the weight needed to actually overload them is ridiculous. :p

5. Day 8: Dancing.
    Day 9: Upper body routine. New PRs in bench, pullups and rows. But my shoulders felt a bit weird, so I cut it a bit short. Should overview my form to make sure it's good.

6. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

I did spinning today

vxlccm and Deleted Account like this.
  7. lamine

lamine Fapstronaut

Day 4 ... Today was a great working out Day .. Started with 10 minutes pull up session ( juste getting started so you know how challenging it is) than walked around a beautiful park for 2 hours with a girl I love ... Burned a lot of calories , didn't eat junky food . let's keep it up

Tommorow ... I'll head to the gym for the first time in 6 months ... Better be ready.

Robinthehood and Deleted Account like this.
  8. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

Strenght training, my shoulders have become more visible lately

renewing, vxlccm and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Barbell squats yesterday. They are a lot more enjoyable than pistol squats. :)
    My shoulders still don't feel 100%, but it doesn't seem to be anything too serious, hopefully. I bet I've just been overworking them. I'm gonna change up my routines to be kinder to my shoulders: no more bench press (yes really, that exercise set off the issues), strict lightweight lateral raises the way athlean-x recommends, no more one-armed hangs, no more extended planks. Can't mess around when it comes to shoulder health.

10. I haven't been exercising in a week. Tomorrow I'm starting over. :)

11. Success! Did upper body routine, shoulder held up. I don't think "light" exercise is likely to make it worse. I'm gonna try to focus on perfecting my dip form the next couple weeks, because that's the one exercise left that could mess with me.

vxlccm and Shoto Jaya like this.
  12. @Nati

@Nati Fapstronaut

13. @Nati

@Nati Fapstronaut

Day 1 , I woke up at 4:30 and did an 4 mile run..

exodusright, vxlccm and Shoto Jaya like this.
  14. I am setting a new goal for myself.
    I want to do 150 pull-ups in a row, 200 dips in a row and 300 situps in a row.

I am going to log all my training here until I reach that goal, starting from today!

15. I wish you good luck.You can do it!!

Force Majeure and vxlccm like this.
  16. Day 1:
    40 min morning workout at 05:30. Back exercises, pull-ups, dips and stretching. 10+15 pull-ups, 12+16+11+11+15 dips.
    31 km cycling (11+11+4.6+4.6 km)
    50 pull-ups at work (8+12+10+10+10)
    4 min tabata workout with push-ups and squats
    1 hour and 40 minutes bouldering
    150 pull-ups in 16 minutes, around 8 reps per set

Thank you!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019
    Deleted Account and Shoto Jaya like this.
  17. You did
    m
    You did 150 pullups!That's amazing!!I'm struggling to do 5 pullups...

18. Thank you!! :):):)
    It’s going to be a long way to do 150 pullups in a row though ;)
    I’m a bit sore in my body now but I plan to do some situps around lunch :cool:

If you want to do more than 5 pullups I suggest you to have a look at http://www.50pullups.com
    There you’ll find different sets depending on how many pullups you can do.

19. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

I wish you best of success! Get somes squats done as well. :)
    When you reached the goals you might think about doing contests, as you'd be on a very high level.

Cheers!
    /Baldur

20. Thank you Baldur! That’s actually my plan, I realised the world record in muscle ups is only 26! That can’t be too hard to beat. :)