1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by GMiester1130, Feb 27, 2019.

1. GMiester1130

GMiester1130 Fapstronaut

So, I’ve been trying to cut this out for the last ten days, and now I’m on the verge of giving up. I keep failing in the same places, my bed and my computer desk, at the same times, and I can’t find anything to occupy those times. It doesn’t help that I don’t currently have a job.

I have a strong willpower, but it isn’t enough. I need something to occupy my time and keep my mind off of PMO, but I have no idea what to do with myself. Any suggestions?

CH3RRY likes this.
  2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

There are things that you need/want to achieve. Why aren't you working towards them? Not doing anything with your time is the biggest waste imaginable and your goals and dreams will never become reality. Don't let your life stall, time is running out and you want a better future. I can't tell you exactly what to do because I don't know what you desire, but you know these things in your heart. You know what you need to do to get there. One advice I can give you is to stop spending time in your house, it is cluttering your mind and you can't see things clearly.

Issah and GMiester1130 like this.
  3. GMiester1130

GMiester1130 Fapstronaut

You're right, and I am. I am planning to enter the Air Force, and the time is drawing near for me to test. In the mean time, I am going to the gym and working out. That will also be a healthy dopamine release. I already have been doing this though, so it hardly makes a difference. I'm looking for more things to fill my time in the mean time. I should be working part time here soon, so that will help tremendously. I'm looking for suggestions of activities that I can do or try when I'm NOT working out or working a job, or what people do when they're in a bridge between different phases of life.

CH3RRY likes this.
  4. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Okay great to hear. I'm also hoping of becoming a paratrooper. Well atleast getting a paratrooper training. Im trying my best to devote my days to only improving until I get where I want to be. Tomorrow will come, and you want to prepare for it. Let's continue our fight.

GMiester1130 likes this.
  5. Issah

Issah Fapstronaut

1. Study for your test
    2. Meet up with fellow students to discuss test related subjects
    3. Can you do experiential hours/practice flying or assisting someone who is?
    4. Do you have any artistic talents you can work at improving? Like drawing or painting?
    5. Or spoken word?
    6. Go somewhere peaceful and introspect. You could think about past things you wanna heal from or future goals you wanna achieve, learn about what you like and don't like want to improve and work on?
    7. Go to the library or book store and read/get a book to read.
    8. Go somewhere beautiful and jog or hike.
    9. Do what ever you realised you liked when you were introspecting.
    10. Ooh Jay Shetty in an interview said a question someone can ask themselves is:- what do you regret not doing/something you wish you had pursued further or something you wish you never stopped doing?
    11. Do what ever you realise from question 10.
    12. Go to nofap > go to the self-improvements forum > give people who ask advise (My Current Situation)
    13. Who do you enjoy talking to? Chat to them
    14. Talk to your mom or dad or grandparent or any other close relative who probably cares about you more than you realise. Actually don't talk to them, ask them questions and try to engage/connect with them.
    15. Volenteer for a cause you actually care about
    16. Google events on something that interests you and attend
    17. Start a passion project just for the fun of it.
    18. Learn a new skill (Google and library books and YouTube tutorials are free)
    19. Read about entrepreneurship
    20. Sell something
    21. Pray and/or meditate
    22. Listen to an educational podcast
    23. Listen to an uplifting podcast
    24. Create something, anything
    25. Think of people and make gifts for them - or just make a gift for yourself
    26. Take a nap
    27. Watch a movie, at the cinema
    28. Go to the beach or just go somewhere and explore
    29. Write a book
    30. Make a list of 30 things (make a list of 30 things) (a list about any problem or question or idea/absolutely anything) (also... my current situation)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019