1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold, Cold, COLDER!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ilovetyrannosaurusrex, Feb 8, 2015.

1. NewZach

NewZach Fapstronaut

2. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Ok I did try a cold shower and it was quite masochistic. I did only 20 seconds of it beacuse my face froze up and it got way too painful. I have to admit though the shock that my body felt "jacked" me up, it literally like an adrenaline shot. I definately see why you guys like it. I hope it won't affect my health in any bad way and if it doesn't I'm in. I've did some reserach on the matter and it's controversial wheather it has any actual health benefits but still i'm hooked on the idea - just like the feeling. I'm planning to slowly start progressing until I can take a "real" cold shower for longer intervals of time. I'm interested tho - that jacked feeling is it possible to get addicted to it? Just like getting into fights for exampple or generally the adrenaline seekers or even fapping. Dealing with another addiction would be frustrating to deal with. Any cold shower veterans care to share especially on that subject?

3. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

Fapequalsdeath here try this trick if your not liking it, put your water on hot and gradually turn the heat down till your in the cold water and can handle it, but then again you might not be able to do it, no worries it's not for everyone.

but it's ok my friend, not everyone likes it, and yea we do it for the blast of benefits it gives us. it's mostly for a immunity boost, skin health, mood boost and organ function boost.

for me I recently got over a drug addiction and the cold water helps with cravings and detoxing your system from drugs so in that sense it is a thing that has proven it's self to me imo. it's not for everyone. who am i to say that your wrong. im just giving my 2 cents thats all :)

4. LouMan

LouMan Fapstronaut

apparently the HOT/ COLD hyrdrotherapy increases vitality and circulation. the idea is that the hot water draws your blood to the skin surface whereas the cold causes it to recede. this rotating 'flushing' action (hot 1 min/ cold 30 secs is recommended around 4 to 5 times in a session) is what helps clear the body etc...ive been doing for about 3 weeks now but no drastic health effects that i can see

5. fapequalsdeath

Yeah I also though of gradually turning down the water from hot to cold. It seems my body won't be in such shock and handle the pain better. I'll keep experimenting and will see if I can get used to the cold temperature without feeling immense pain.

6. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

i hope it works for you :)

7. mpatrick_jm

mpatrick_jm Fapstronaut

I always use to take cold showers when I'm home in Jamaica. Up here in Boston is so cold though I dont think its wise for me to, especially seeing I am not used to the cold! But it is really a really powerful and healthy experience, it kick starts your whole day!

8. SkyBlue

SkyBlue Fapstronaut

Haha.. Enjoyed reading this, I tried them weeks ago but can only last 10 secs max, feel like I am hyperventilating and go into a ghastly panic when the icey water blast hits me... Will need to persevere.

9. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

i put on music and dance around, the dancing sorta keeps me warm and i get all the cold water.

10. fapequalsdeath

Also one more question guys - do you shower your head aswell? Or just the body?

11. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

everywhere, even the nooks and crannies

12. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Still too chicken to get back to cold showers. I guess this week that I've scheduled to slack that included cold showers.

13. docker

docker Fapstronaut

I will agree with ruso. Too chicken to get back with cold shower too. But today, I enjoyed throwing cold water in my genital. I felt so relieved.

14. gogreatergood

gogreatergood New Fapstronaut

I live in New Jersey, USA (very cold here lately)! I have been doing cold showers more consistently than I have in the past for about 3 weeks now and I have been loving it.

I would say, for anyone who is not into it at 1st, just change the water all the way to cold at the end of the shower and try to push yourself to see how long you can do it for. Don't go crazy, just do it even for just a few seconds if that's all you can do. I have found that my body has adjusted very quickly and now I don't mind the cold hardly at all compared to what I used to feel! It actually feels great the whole way through!

Also, here is some inspiration from Wim Hof, who has 20 Guinness World Records for withstanding extreme temperatures: http://www.highexistence.com/the-wi...ow-to-consciously-control-your-immune-system/

All the best everyone ! :)

15. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Went to the beach and had cold water on me. Lol. I guess that counts.

16. willgrit

willgrit Fapstronaut

Agreed. Been taking cold showers for almost 1.5 years now.
    Started with 'slightly colder than middle'. Now my faucet goes all the way to freezing cold. And I live in the NorthEast.
    The greatest feeling.

17. SkyBlue

SkyBlue Fapstronaut

Just tried this 2 nights in a row.. And made it! Walked in hot & then put it to mild, then cold gradually, whilst listening to music! No pun intended but the MJ song "Beat It" worked wonders to dance along to..good beat and good lyrics to motivate. Honestly got to the point it didn't feel cold after a couple of mins 2night.

This is a habit I shall try my best to continue. Thanks for the info & advice dude ✌️

18. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

no prob any time friend. :cool:

19. docker

docker Fapstronaut

I did the same and it was great! Maybe I will used to it. :)

20. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

I love the cold showers. Better than coffee, makes you feel manly, excited, helps me focus better. Its no magic bullet but its good stuff

JoePineapples likes this.