1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Generational Decline of Testosterone

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MarkoSkoric, Mar 3, 2019.

1. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

I was referred to a very interesting article about a generational decline in testosterone levels and thought I would chime in with my own thoughts and my own theories about why it is happening. Here are some points that the writer is making:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhowe/2017/10/02/youre-not-the-man-your-father-was/#6804a8998b7f

1. A higher rate of obesity and an actually LOWER rate of smoking leads to lower Testosterone in Men.

This is true, higher body fat levels lead to less Testosterone in Men.

Body fat contains a hormone called Aromatase that turns Free Testosterone into Estrogen.

Nicotine (even if unhealthy) does act as an aromatase inhibitor and therefore stops the conversion of Testosterone into Estrogen.

2. Young men are far less likely to work in manufacturing jobs.

True, sedentary jobs are a killer of Testosterone. We are made to move, not sit in an office under fluorescent lights. Unless you are exercising vigorously and eating a clean diet, good luck having decent T-levels.

3. Pesticides and other Estrogen enhancing compounds.

Household products like phthalates and Bisphenol A are to be avoided at all costs.

It has been shown to change the sex of certain animals.

Atrazine (most common agricultural herbicide in the US and Australia) can turn male frogs into female:

https://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

My own theories (to name a few, there is WAY more than this):

1. A lower intake of cholesterol leads to lower Testosterone.

Cholesterol is a precursor to all of your sex hormones.
    Eat the yolk, don’t throw it away !

2. A lower intake of Zinc.

Zinc is involved for the activity of more than 300 enzymes within your body.

Good luck getting enough through your diet, especially if you live in the US.

The soils are so depleted that you NEED to supplement Zinc (even if you are eating Organic).

In conclusion, the article is very astute. Do you think you might be suffering from Low T ? Check out the article [​IMG]:)

2. Wow, very insightful my man. Every time you post on here, I'm just blown away by the information you have.

Kiz Whalifa likes this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

A lot of this is done on purpose. By malevolent forces; the same ones that attack masculinity; hence the war on beef/meat. If they can turn every man into a feminized soyboy the faster they can accomplish their plans for domination.

4. Harrynak

Harrynak Fapstronaut

Nice post , informative

zinc is def. boosting testosterone, with me it can climb up to unplesant high levels, if you take zinc, opt for the picolinate form and START SLOWLY because it can ruin your whole streak

things to add that lower testosterone;

cell Phone radiation, dont ever carry a cellphone next to your balls, they will get fried

medications

processed foods

tap water ( in certain regions)

sleep deprivation

low vitamin d

alcohol

5. Harrynak

Harrynak Fapstronaut

do you never wear tight pants?

did you have bloodwork dont recently?

What was your level and can you give a brief overview of daily diet, training routine and supplementation?

THANKS!

6. Bayneling

Bayneling Fapstronaut

Ben Greenfield, infrared light

7. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

I never wear them man. Same goes for underwear...

You want underwear as loose as possible.

It's amazing how people think they are smarter than God or Nature (whichever your worlview). Your ballsacks is made to hang.

If you want to wear tight jeans, you will as well castrate yourself lol.

The last bloodwork I got done was around 2 months ago. I usually hover around 800 ng/dL and above. Ideally I try to stay above 15 pg/mL of Free Testosterone (I felt fine on 10 pg/mL as well). I got tested once and they caught me on a high day. 1000 ng/dL of Test ! HAHA

Those are the numbers I hover around.

Current training includes heavy weighted pull-ups, weighted dips, squats and deadlifts (Yes, only four exercises).

See the video for proof :)

And pic of current physique at 9% body fat:

Now.jpg

Diet includes plenty of meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and A LOT of carbs in the form of rice, rice cakes and oatmeal,etc.

Current supps:

Vitamin D3
    Multi
    Zinc Picolinate
    Vitamin B-12
    Magnesium
    Omega 3

8. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

Btw, Zinc Picolinate 150 Mg a day checking in ! I wouldn't advise anybody to do what I do though, it's simply because my workouts are depleting so much Zinc.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  9. Harrynak

Harrynak Fapstronaut

150 Mg a day? Also copper supplementation?

Not to Bragg of antytjing but the boxers on your picture seem reasonobly tight to me?

Thanks mate

10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

qm33kd8z4dk01.jpg
    This is the average today, smh. Soyboys

12. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

I carry my phone in my back pocket. Not only that I'm less likely to have things crack my screen when in front pocket with other stuff...

Harrynak likes this.
  13. Harrynak

Harrynak Fapstronaut

good choice mate, try to put it in flight mode as often as possible

14. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

Zinc = Testosterone

Copper = Estrogen

Just lol if you think that you might get a copper deficiency.

Food quality today is horrendous and you are getting plenty of cooper from other sources of food and external pollutants.

Also, you seem very focused on my underwear :)

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

:D

16. anewera

anewera Fapstronaut

Very interesting article !

MarkoSkoric likes this.
  17. Harrynak

Harrynak Fapstronaut

yes i am actually because you preach you never wear tight shorts and you upload a picture where you are wearing tight shorts?

I dont understand why you give out advice that you dont even follow yourself

18. Harrynak

Harrynak Fapstronaut

Too much zinc in the form of dietary supplements can disrupt the uptake of copper, the researchers explain, leading to neurological problems and anemia.