1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Feb 5, 2019.

Please pick one

1. I am a dog person

2. I am a cat person

3. I am both a dog person and a cat person

4. I am neither a dog nor a cat person

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I love the new avatar Alexander! Aww, look at that face! :cool:

CI-MA likes this.
  2. CI-MA

CI-MA Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Anybody ever heard of the Miau Miau university?

3. I liked the old avatar better lol

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It seems you got your way.

5. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Cat person only because I grew up with an cat. Never had an dog :(

ImpureHuman likes this.
  6. https://www.facebook.com/ECOKVLT/posts/297363760831239?__tn__=K-R

"YOUR TABBY AND HOW IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
    Cats. Beloved pets and cute, comforting friends. A cute little fluffy animal that wouldn't hurt a fly, right? Wrong. "He brings me a little bird every few weeks nothing major, they can't be doing that much wrong, right?" Again, wrong. The occasional bird may not seem like much, but this is only what it brings home. An outdoor cat on average will kill 4-7 animals daily. It doesn't eat them, and it isn't ideal to be eaten by native wildlife.
    This is because cats carry Toxoplasmosis. A parasite which has evolved alongside cats, and has made them more efficient killers. Due to this, and their extreme agility and adaptability as hunters, cats have driven at least 33 species to extinction, and are currently threatening at least 124 more. They are also responsible for 3.75 billion bird deaths per year in America alone, as well as up to 20.7 million mammals and other animals (check comments for sources). As well as an estimate of 377 million birds in Australia, among countless mammals, reptiles, and amphibians.

TNR is currently the most commonly used method of dealing with feral cats, but it absolutely does not work. The cats are still there, killing animals, spreading toxoplasma, carrying diseases both zoonotic and not, and generally just leading horrible lives.
    The most ethical methods of dealing with them are shooting, lethal traps (not recommended as they can catch native animals), and TNE (trap, neuter, euthanasia). These were rated most effective in a survey conducted on Hawaiians who have to deal with feral cats ruining their beautiful islands.

In a study conducted in Australia, ("How many reptiles are killed by cats in Australia?" By J. C. Z. Woinarski A J, among a few others) it was shown that even simply blocking cats from entering areas where native reptiles were declining had a significant impact on their populations, with dramatic increases in some species (abstract featured in the pics). This is important to realise, as it shows just how destructive cats can be to local ecosystems.

In the UK, Scottish wildcats have become functionally extinct due to feral and outdoor housecats outcompeting, and outbreeding them. Their gene pool is rapidly shrinking and they're facing a huge genetic bottleneck (check comments for sources) because of the involvement of cats in their ecosystem.

The fact that people are still unwilling to accept the effect their cats have on wildlife, yet are willing to lecture others on environmental problems like pollution, is frankly shocking. Now of course, you can care about more than one environmental issue at any time, but this is one of the most pressing ecological issues of our time, and must be stopped.

If not for the ecosystems, then for your cat's welfare. Outdoor cats are more susceptible to RTCs (road traffic collisions), disease, unwanted pregnancy (adding to the problem of the growing number of cats on the streets and in natural areas), fighting, abuse, and predation by native animals, among other causes of suffering.

What can you do to help prevent this?
    Surprisingly easy, stop letting your cat outside unsupervised. Neuter your cat. Build an enclosure for your cat if you want to let them outside, it can be done cheaply and easily. Shoot feral cats that enter your property, or deal with them in any way necessary, so long as it is fatal.
    Featured are images of feral cats, and an image of the abstract of the ecological paper mentioned above and in the comments. "

7. Lol yay!!

8. :d

you're beginning to sound like those people that think there are too many deer and that they should kill them and not necessarily to even eat them.. but just to lower the population of deer...

9. Feral cats are a problem and should be killed :d

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Dogs are better. Cats are like a "gold digger" girlfriend, she will stay with you as long you give her what she wants and then she will leave.

Trevelyan357 and horny nerd like this.
  11. It's irrelevant what I sound like. Hitler created some ace motorways from what I understand.

As an aside though, would you argue that deer overpopulation is impossible or something?

12. No..

I just don't think you should kill them :c

13. What should be done then?

Coffee Candy likes this.
  14. Dogs are man's best friend very good for boosting your mood cats well what the hell do they do besides lay hot smelly steamers that could gag a maget ...cats are ok and are loveable but you know the saying they are crazier than cat shit ...

horny nerd likes this.
  15. I thought I preferred dogs, until I had a cat...

16. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

They are also good for boosting your mood.

17. Lapirata48

Lapirata48 Fapstronaut

Every day when I come home from work, my dog Pepe jumps up and down like he's on a pogo stick because he is so happy to see me. No matter what my day was like up to that point it just became a great day.

Knighthawk and Deleted Account like this.
  18. johnmarston2001

johnmarston2001 New Fapstronaut

I like cats best and have a few of them, never had a dog as ive never been interested