1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Women, completely off topic, but

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 10, 2019.

1. No matter the gender, people who always refuse to admit they're wrong when they clearly are, you should distance yourself from such people. You can't grow or learn much from those.

How do i know ? I have a friend that has a very superficial point of view on life (very materialistic), and a bit tight ego. Best case scenario i do, is simply agree with him and move on with conversation. But, we do not hang out as we used to.

Sure, maybe, western society goes in favor of women in some things. But then again, no matter woman or a man, if they have traits of terrible personality, best case scenario is simply to do your own thing and move away from such people.
    In the end, not all of us are the same as individuals, and that's beauty of it. Depends on how you look at it.

Re:Born likes this.
  2. I couldn't read everything you wrote bc you didn't put it in paragraphs BUT women aren't always right. That's silly, who told you that?

3. @Xander_
    Yeah I get ya.

My experience is with my siblings, really. Without going into name-calling, every time I try to point out a "flaw" (the only way they understand it) that they have or just something they can work on, they literally raise the conversation two decibels. It ends with me getting pissed and ignoring them, and neither one of us learning anything new... I get pissed because they can't take feedback at all, but then I remember everyone has their reasons., they're just assholes about it (i don't count as name calling).

The most recent experience involved me trying to explain that even though kids are young, you should still treat them like how you want them to turn out, e.g. like adults, because if you constantly distinguish between yourself and them using "I am the adult, you are the child," that's how it'll always be. I never got that much out. They talk too damn much. For some reason they are power hungry and don't want anyone "lesser" to disrupt the "balance." I know, I've lived with them for 17 years, give or take, and in the two years I left off, I come back and guess what? Exactly how I left them. Even worse. I guess not everyone grows at the same pace, but even so, I am a polar opposite in comparison to anyone in my family. I would say I have no idea what to do, but I know that just means I need to wait. I am that smart at least.

We grew up in a kind of conservative family where my dad's word was law. I guess they took after that. Funny, they say I act like him because I'm "stubborn." Persistent more like. The only reason the word stubborn exists is to describe someone who won't change or adopt your ideology. That in itself is all kinds of wrong, but I do I consider them stubborn. They use the word stubborn when I won't agree with them or "just drop it." I hate it when they say that because it really is just a way to avoid talking about it. They consistently tell me to drop it when I bring up something hard. I'm glad I challenge them, at least.

They call me stubborn because, yes, I don't like to drop conversations..... when I only get as far as, "I noticed x, y, and z." No, it isn't about being right, either. It's not about anything except taking advantage of the respect and understanding between us so I can properly communicate my feelings about the way they treat my younger sister. Err, I guess I was a little too hopeful, wasn't I?

Anyway, that's just to give a little background. The only reason there is so much friction between us is because it used to be I'd be the one to have to have to shut up or get my ass beat. I guess they were surprised to find out I'm my own sovereign entity. I guess it wasn't fair of me to just show up all "macho"-like. Lol.

Yes, I know I over-analyze. It's kinda my thing.

Edit: LOOK! PARAGRAPHS!!! ::D:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Basically :D

From your above post I can understand your first post a lot more. I also get worked up when people try to shut down any debate or disagreement, and that would be especially hard within your own family. It sounds like your family might misunderstand you a bit. I think it’s possible for you and them to have a healthy relationship with some grace and patience from all sides.

I’m so proud of you for using paragraphs

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
    justafriend likes this.
  5. Yeah yeah whatever

Edit: Goddamnit lol

6. Jesus, man... You didn't get the irony of the quote... "Women are always right" means that they always think they are, and that you, as her man, will have to concede to it, or you'll sleep on the sofa and won't have sex for a month hahaha The same way, "the customer is always right" doesn't mean they are always right, it means you have to agree with them (most of the times) to keep them pleased, for they "put food on your table", and you need them pleased, so: "Oh, you sir didn't ask for wine? You asked for beer? Oh, I'm sorry I'll change it now, sir :) (this motherfucker totally asked for wine and changed his mind later)", but you don't want to embarrass him by telling him that he is either wrong or lying while everyone is listening, because he won't come back. Some people would argue with him, because it is the "fair" thing to do, as if fairness had anything to do with business...

7. Good thing I don't care if my girlfriend leaves me
    I am always right

8. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

I wouldn't want a customer like that to come back. If a person isn't capable of basic human decency I wouldn't want them in my establishment.

9. Yeah, I don't sleep on the fucking couch

Though I probably will anyway

10. Oh man, not to be mean to you, but you'd fail so bad at owning a Cafe. You'd be amazed at how people's principles and morality take a break when it comes to things that they consider to be "small things", like "oh, he gave me extra change! Well, it is a small amount of money, not gonna go bankrupt for losing a dollar, and I can buy another coffee with it later. So goodbye my friend." And you would know because you see them smile in a surprised way and you run the maths again and realize you did give them extra money.
    Most people are fucking shit when it comes to being a customer. You put a fucking ashtray on the table and there's still tons of people throwing their stubs on the ground. Don't even get me started...

Re:Born likes this.
  11. I totally agree, that makes sense for people you depend on. But I am an independent black woman who don't need no man err woman
    She's just in my life because I like her

I'mJustAChoice likes this.
  12. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

I'd rather go bancrupt then.

13. ace1234

ace1234 Fapstronaut

My two cents, like some other poster said, treat them like equals.

Women will think you're a pussy if done otherwise .

Women are also more emotional, so as a man you should learn (if you haven't) to not be affected by them. Often times women are irrational (men can be too), but some are really well composed.

You are over thinking this. Just dont compromise on the truth if you see it, unless you have a good reason for it.

14. I'm not inclined to think that I know how women think. Some people I respect very much have told me the woman is always right, and I never understood how that can be a thing in general.

In my opinion, it is more respectful to be honest with a person about a disagreement than to assume they are going to make your life hell for it. That's a kind of respect, though, but most people simply refer to it as fear conditioning.

I know how to treat people like equals: Have the same expectations of them as I do myself. I would never fault someone for not knowing what I want 100% of the time, and better, I wouldn't assume they did it on purpose. The great thing about being human is there are over 7 billion of us, and we've been around a very long time. The mistakes myself, you, my girlfriend or anyone else for that matter make have been around for centuries. It's nothing new and I would be surprised if a new kind of mistake came into existence. They are all the same. My point is, according to each other, none of us is better than the other, so what could I possibly gain from assigning more blame?

What's more, a lot of "mistakes" that people make are only mistakes because other people say they are, because other people refuse to keep their bullshit to themselves. If people could just learn to take responsibility for their emotions and realize that no one else has the power to make them happy, the world would be a much better place. Much quieter, mostly, less nagging and people complaining about useless shit.
    Ah, done

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  15. ace1234

ace1234 Fapstronaut

They mostly say that as a way to deal with women who are beyond reasoning. Some people you just cant win an arguement, so instead they say "yes, honey" or "yes, dear".

It depends when and where you should use this. Mostly, if you want to diffuse an argument that is worth little in the long run, you can let the argument go by agreeing. Sometimes its better to avoid fighting over silly stuff.

Thats all there is to it.

16. Ah I get it now.

Women only argue about pointless, frivolous things and they all cannot handle being told they are wrong.

17. I don't over think things. I think about them exactly as much as I need to. I've brought up things I've already talked about so it must be relevant. I can't say I've been thinking about this topic for a while, but I learned about it a long time ago and I don't really need to constantly think about it if I simply constantly think about everything else and instantly see how this doesn't fit. Yee.

justafriend likes this.
  18. ace1234

ace1234 Fapstronaut

Now, don't say all women. That is completely unfair to the rest of the women who can admit being wrong. You can't generalize an entire group of people like that, even if you may feel some bitterness towards the opposite sex because of your past experiences with them. If you do that you will repel the good women that dont like to fight and close yourself off from them and any new perspectives on what other women can be like.

19. /satire

Everyone here keeps saying the same thing, and it all goes back to why I made this thread in the first place. I realize that probably isn't super clear in my original post, but at least ask a question or two? I'm never going to cave, and neither are you, or you or you. All we got left are questions, right? (as opposed to telling me I'm "over-thinking things," I mean at least I'm thinking, right?)

I'll go first. I don't know what you guys think, but I have lost no sleep thinking about this topic. It did not hurt me at all to hit the "post" button. I really did make this thread out of curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge. Oh yeah, and to criticize people who actually subscribe to the school of thought that it is okay to joke about things like the phrase, "the woman is always right," even if they mean it out of satire. (/sarcasm) Given that, does anyone have any reason for why it would be a good idea? I would like to know.

20. EatCake

EatCake Fapstronaut

:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy: