1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First Post from lurker - 17 days no PMO

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by EfilPafOn_1, Mar 9, 2019.

1. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

This forum has been quietly helping me immensely in the latest chapter of my life. I thought it was about time I quit lurking and said hi.

I'm 33 and have been a regular MO'er for maybe 20 years now, and PMO'er for almost as long. Like so many, I never gave it a second thought and always believed this behaviour to be 'the norm'.

Throughout my late teens and my twenties my self-esteem, confidence and anxiety have taken a gradual descent into the realms of depression. I had, until fairly recently, put this down to bereavements and other difficulties during adolescence.

I first discovered this 'movement' a couple of years ago, when it became apparent to me that I was more interested in PMO than I was being intimate with my real-life human GF of 6 years! I attempted Nofap for all of about 9 days and, whilst I did feel the best I had felt in a long time, fell off the wagon and back into my old PMO ways.

Needless to say within a few months my, now ex, GF had understandably grown tired of the lack of affection and found herself a more suitable partner.

14 months on, and having come through the emotional turmoil of losing somebody that I had once imagined would be the one I settled down with, I have been on a one-man mission to become the best possible version of myself.

I've been back in the gym 5 times a week, after a two year absence. I am eating clean. Business is booming. I've updated my 'tired' wardrobe. And most importantly - I've not fapped for 17 days!

Though it is still early days, I've got to say the benefits are becoming clear already. My skin looks great. My eyes are bright. I'm walking with my head held high. Girls are smiling at me. Guys are treating me with more respect. I can comfortably hold eye-contact during conversations.

I am absolutely determined to eliminate PMO from my life for good. The positives are worth so much more than the five seconds on PMO-induced dopamine!

Anyway, that's my story - I'm sorry for the essay but I've not shared this information with anybody so I just had to get it all off my chest.

I hope you guys will take me under your wing so that we can support each other on this incredible journey!

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! Congrats on 22 days! Keep coming back.

3. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

Thanks Septimus - Congrats to you too! Don't worry I'll keep coming back - I seem to have replaced my PMO addiction with NoFap's forum addiction!