1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How am I supposed to do the impossible? Bollocks to it

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Ah I'm fucking not in a good way mates

Pussy galore for UKGeezer if he wants it. But that's not a loving relationship. The stuff I miss about the one time I was in a relationship: stuff like this: I remember one night having horrible nightmares to do with stuff from when I was a kid and that. And I woke up feeling like shit and I called my girlfriend and she said come over and I fucking didn't even take anything with me I fucking ran across town and I fucking collapsed in her arms and I felt so good. So she wasn't abusive all the time, it was complicated (often is I imagine). Maybe if she wasn't abusive I'd have healed in the time with her and wouldn't be so needy now.

Then with this other woman who, first time truly emotionally connecting in the amazingly pure way we did. Who now doesn't want a relationship, but I think I still want to be friends with her but I don't know, but that's another issue. Well the first night we got together physically, we didn't even have sex until the morning. All evening she was stroking my head and it felt so good, made me feel CARED FOR for fucking once. And then we were making out for hours and then we slept in eachothers arms, and it was amazing.

Now I got none of that. And it ain't just about some romantic type thing. I remember feeling so down and lonely and I wanted to call my parents, but that shit ain't available to me neither yeah, so I just fucking cried innit. I wept actually.

So it's like, a rock and a hard place. Cos I have a deep NEED for something like that. But you can't just go out and get it. I mean for two things, a. being in that place is not very attractive as an initial thing for a partner, so I dress it up by pretending to be someone I'm not, which is exhausting, and b. it's not really something it's fair to ask of someone from the beginning. But, without being able to get it pronto, I'm cut off at the knees, finding it so hard to function.

I can talk to a couple friends, but even with them its starting to look like things aren't cracked up to be what I thought they were. I can talk to you lot on here. I can talk to some counsellor. But none of that shit is ever gonna be a substitute for the shit I'm describing. I'm fucking dying here ok.

I can see it now, a familiar desparation, an awareness of complete hopelessness which has dogged me my whole life. My situation ain't looking good.

Ah fuck, it hurts really bad like. What the fuck am I gonna do?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2019
    Ra's Al Ghul and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Think I might be done guys I gotta be honest.

3. Done with what?

4. Done with life innit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. You don't have to dress it up to something you're not. Obviously you cannot just meet someone and dump your luggage on them in the first date but you don't have to pretend that there's no loggage what so ever.

I get the needs you have, alot of us have them. It's a common need that everyone has to some degree.

Maybe the time isn't good for a relationship given you're in recovery. In fact I'd highly suggest that you get yourself right before looking for someone else. You can of course connect to people without it being in a relationship but like everything else it takes work.

Deleted Account and EthanW. like this.
  6. Nah, I don't think you are. It might feel like it but there's too much to live for.

7. Well there's the fucking problem- I'm running on fucking empty. It's a Catch 22. How do I get myself right on my own in this situation?

It doesn't matter what good things are in life, I can't stand this long enough to get to them. All the time just desparately hungry for someone to care for me, to feel cared for, in the way I described.

8. I get it. The way you think you want / need to be cared for isn't gonna happen right now. Focus on the fact that people do care for you to begin with, you're not totally alone. I appreciate you on this forum as does many others. You're not un-cared for here and in other parts of your life.

What you want life to be isn't what life is at the moment and thats ok. Step outside your thoughts and see that feeling & lack as a thing that is in you but not you, its just some beliefs, ideas and thoughts that have a feeling associated with them that feels like crap. Accept that and understand, this is where you are at, you won't be here forever, yeah it feels like an island you're stuck on but you're not there forever.

If you can separate you from your feelings, you can then begin to work on getting to a place where you can accept this and work on making things better.

9. im going to bed, hopefully you'll be here tomorrow to brighten my day with your witty personality.

10. bakes

bakes Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I've already gave up on the idea that some woman of some sort will come and fix everything. I've searched and searched until I realized it's not gonna happen. So now I'm doing it for myself. I take myself to dinners, the movies, I buy myself gifts ... basically do for me what I would want others to do for me. From that I'm slowly learning that what I do for me I can do it for others and they like it.
    One thing I also found out is that emotional need and care I want from a woman, she also wants that. We all do. So I cannot be in position where I receive it but don't give it back. Why? Because I don't know how to give it as all my life all i ever wanted is get it.
    So I say get yourself together. Take care of yourself. And maybe you're learn to take care of others. Which a lot of people find attractive.

11. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

I'll tell you what you need to do. You need to collapse on yourself, just let your shit sink in and understand that you are a lost individual. Then, you need to stand up, look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself that everything you want in this life is worth you existing in this world. Once you know you are broken up, and you know that your dreams are worth that pain, you can start building yourself to be the man that will be worth the love and cherishment that a woman, a family and even a community will respect and adore.

You have to look into the abyss that is your past and not be intimidated by it. If it makes you weep that only means you have something worth feeling for. Maybe that thing is yourself, or maybe it is a dream you have, or perhaps it is that picture you have in your mind of being in a woman's arms and knowing that your world is going to be okay. You know what, I have that in my life but I had to go through some isolating, bitter, depressing and angry times. But you know what else? It is so freaking worth it that I wouldn't trade the pain for anything in the whole freaking world, because it brought me to the self-actualization that allows me to have real, real love in my life.

If you want the sweet you have to take that sour. You have to be willing to go through the shit. But, you're better off than most because you have that advantage of suffering and not caving in where others would buckle and break. You think you're worse off, but if you can survive to earn that precious gift of love and happiness, then you will have been the reverse: You will have been better off because now you know the difference between what's fake and what's really real, and not only will that give you joy but also wisdom.

It's a hard life, but the dedicated shall always prosper. You just have to want it, my friend. And, that's your choice.

I'll pray for you.

12. Dude thats rough. Despair. Darkness. You have a family here. It's not the same but it's something. Stick around. It might not feel better for a long while but if you had it once there's no reason it wont happen again. Love you man. Sincerely, wish you peace.

13. Oh cool man, you didnt die!!! Awesome!!

justafriend and bakes like this.
  14. Couldn't let you fuckheads down now could I.

15. Yeah man I've enjoyed your contributions to this site

16. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

meh.gif Welcome to life. I'm sorry to hear your currently in a shit sandwich emotionally. I know that feel. Just hold on man, just hold on. Can you get piss drunk safely with some mates? I'd do that, but only if you're not already a raging alcoholic. I have moments exactly like you sir.

17. bakes

bakes Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

:D

18. Alcohol has been a factor in my last couple relapses, so it's gotta go.

19. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

Hey mate,

I'm new here but thought I'd chime in on this...

I have spent quite a lot of time browsing the forums since I began this journey a few weeks back, and regularly find myself lol'ing at your sense of humour, so just know that as shite as things may seem right now, there is somebody out there that appreciates you! It's clear that a lot of the members here feel the same - so please don't do anything crazy.

Life can definitely serve you up a shit sandwich at times. Although none of us really know each other personally, I think many of us share similar experiences and troubles, so even when it seems like we've got nobody to turn to, there's a forum full of people that understand.

Stay strong mate!