1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't believe how much damage I've caused to myself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by angelalejandro, Mar 14, 2019.

1. angelalejandro

angelalejandro Fapstronaut

Please help me out, I'm desperate.
    I just turned 18 the past month, I'm sure you guys have been through pretty much the same things I have (isolation, depression, etc) because of masturbation.

I kinda have gotten over some things, but there are some other things that still affect me. Just so you know, I haven't fapped in this 2019, (haven't fapped in 73 days), and i have no intentions of fapping ever again. The thing is that it's only now that I realize how much damage I've caused to myself, you see I have lost hair, my hairline looks horrible, i have very little hair on the right side on my head as well, you might think that this is not directly caused by masturbation, but i do believe it is, the horrible feeling that I would get after fapping did really cause me a lot of emotional problems. I believe that my height was affected as well, I haven't been doing good in school, and I can't accept the reality, please help me, please, i regret so much, it's so hard to see where this got me. (english is not my first language, i have taken some courses though, sorry if i didn't make myself clear)

2. angelalejandro

this might not be the most appropiate section for posting this, but i am so desperate i opened the very first discussion i saw, i might not look so desperate but i really am

3. angelalejandro

i'd really appreciate it if you could share some advises, not only do i want to grow my hair back but also be at ease with current situation

4. AxBlaim

AxBlaim Fapstronaut

Forget the past and start living in the present. Since you've been sober for 73 days (congrats btw) then I'm assuming you've experienced remarkable results that goes along with it. Focus on the things you can change not the ones you can't

angelalejandro likes this.
  5. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

Dude, you have turned a corner in your life, you have taken a huge step to becoming a better person. Think of all the millions of guys your age who are fapping pmo'ing like crazy, most of those guys will continue for years and years, not knowing all the damage they are doing to themselves.
    You have recognised the dangers, and you have quit, at a very young age - that is a great thing for you.
    You cannot be certain M has caused these problems, they may have developed anyway.
    Relax and be proud of yourself that you have quit this far earlier than 99% of people out there.
    PS - Im an English teacher; your English is excellent :)

angelalejandro, Lilla_My and CH3RRY like this.
  6. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

What you have experienced is unfortunate, but at the same time you now have a HUGE advantage over 99.9% of guys your age - in that YOU KNOW it's time to change. You are an incredibly young man, who at 18, will still be able to utilise all that good stuff - Testosterone, HGH etc - but it is important that you quit the fapping now, before production of these begins to slow.

It took me until this year - now aged 33, to discover the damage I have been inflicting on myself for 20 years. Many of MY hair follicles have lay dormant for so long that it's probably too late to improve the situation. I'm 5' 7" - not a tall man by anyone's standards, and it's probably too late for me to see changes in these areas, but you, my friend, are in your prime!

Quit now, and don't look back!

Good Luck!

CH3RRY likes this.
  7. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Pmo withdrawal maybe?

8. Your entire post just described me. In every single way. We share a lot of similarities dude and I'm scared too bro lmao but I think abstaining from PMO is a great way to get yourself back on track. PMO can cause a ton of emotional problems, without a doubt. But I'm assuming (just guessing) that there are other things in your life giving you emotional problems. If you fix your PMO addiction (which you've been doing, great job by the way) and fix any other emotional issues in your life, you should start to see a change in yourself.

I've seen from Youtube videos and Reddit posts that people's hair starts growing back if they stay dedicated to NoFap so there is hope. And you're at such a young age where your body can easily fix itself. You should be fine. DO NOT RELAPSE

HegHeu likes this.
  9. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

If it make you less anxious my hair quality and quantity is better than before. More cold showers and less stress and eating right have done the job. And another thing being disciplined in life doing thing when they are to be done is great. Don't run from things you know you have to do anyway. Eat the frog as fast as you can and you will be less anxious.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. angelalejandro

Thank you so much for replying, and I thought that I'd quit too late, yet it's not something I feel proud of.
    I started to feel better the day after i wrote this, but hadn't gotten around to checking the forum, thank you all for your replies, and your support.
    PS: haha wow thank you, i've always found writing a little difficult, the thing is that I worry too much that i don't use the correct verbs

11. angelalejandro

THANK YOU! Thanks for the support, i am living a better life thanks to quitting and I hope you will too

EfilPafOn_1 likes this.
  12. angelalejandro

I'm afraid : /

13. angelalejandro

YES! you're right there are some other things I've been struggling with.
    I will stay dedicated, hope you will as well
    thank for replying

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. angelalejandro

I'm so used to running away from my responsabilities, but now that I'm changing, will work hard on that.
    Thanks for the advice

15. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

You're welcome my man! Keep up the good work - You've got this!

16. I remember having thinning hair for a while as a teenager. I think it was something to do with being depressed out of my mind lol.

When I finished school my hair went back to normal. It's still fine and I'm 34 now.

17. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Dont worry bro..
    As soon you hit 120 day mark u will see some changes,
    And as time pass out ur body will get develop i.e if ur puberty is stopped by fapping it will be resume..and ur be good as u want...
    For depression you mediate .....
    And result be be seen
    ALL THE BEST BRUH

18. Sounds to me like you are still depressed and seeking support. This means you are not feeling well emotionally and feeling down feeds the craving, simply because it will improve your mood.
    You are also showing signs of helplessness, so your depression is not something you should overlook.
    Your job is to ether hang tight until your natural balance recovers or find other ways to improve your mood. One of the best way is to interact with others, talk to your friends, family, grandma whatever. It will improve your mood.

You are posting here because you feel horrible basically, thats ok but you need to be aware of and you need to manage your mood like you manage your hunger. We naturally do that but if you are depressed you have to do extra work