1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Heinz Tomato Ketchup making me fat? Or otherwise doing me in?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 23, 2019.

1. I love it.

I have Heinz cos it doesn't have maize starch in it, unlike cheaper varieties. Also, it tastes fantastic.

I slather it all over my eggs in the morning. I'll have it in the evening too sometimes, all over my lentils and sardines. Red lentils obviously, I'm not a total freak.

Is it making me fat? Blocking up my arteries? Etc?

2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Lentils and sardines with tomato ketchup sounds fab, I think I've found a new go-to snack!

Looking at the nutritional information I think you'll be fine: [​IMG]

I like asking people to guess the weight of tomatoes used in 100g of Heinz Tomato Ketchup. Go on try it ...
    [​IMG]

3. I am not and never have been a fan of ketchup. I will have it with French fries or other fried potatoes from time to time, but that's it. On the other hand I could put mustard on anything

4. Mais oui! Le bein moutard!

Je n'avez pas le moutard pour ages, merci pour le remindeur.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Enjoy that high fructose corn syrup. Your body can't really process it.

6. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

Can you find Ketchup in nature ?

If the answer is no, it will probably make you fat ( at least fatter).

7. There is none in the UK version. High fructose corn syrup is very much an American problem, much like your dangerous domestic electricity voltages and your bellends dangling in shitty toilet water.

Cheers. What can I put on my eggs instead do you reckon?

kropo82 likes this.
  8. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

9. It's better to just make your own version of ketchup at home. That way, you have complete control over what ingredients you put. Not only does homemade ketchup actually taste better, but it also doesn't have unnatural ingredients like high fructose corn syrup.

You should consider giving cooking a try. There are plenty of ketchup recipes online that you could find, some better than others of course. Sure, cooking might be a hassle, it might seem boring, but it becomes more fun the more you do it, and the end product would always feel satisfying afterwards.

So definitely give it a try and see what you think. I bet you would like homemade ketchup a lot better than the fake, processed kind. So much so, you would never desire Heinz Ketchup ever again.

10. My housemate is a vegan who is always in the fucking kitchen. I might see if I can bully him into making me some.

11. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

On a product label, the ingredients are listed in order of predominance, with the ingredients used in the greatest amount first, followed in descending order by those in smaller amounts..
    With Ketchup, the second ingredient after the concentrated Tomatoes is Sugar.

Deleted Account and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

13. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

Salt and pepper.

14. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

Btw, what is it with English people and Ketchup ? No offense, but my former roomate was from the UK and that guy would SLATHER ketchup on decently healthy meals.

I even wrote an English guy a diet the other day and the first question upon receiving the program was:

On what does the Ketchup go ? lol

I'm just wondering mate. No offense meant on my part. Even though I'm sure it might be just a cultural thing, just as Americans putting gravy on potatoes.

15. I love franks redhot on my eggs. try it if you can find it where you live. It's fabulous!

16. Cheeky cunt.

Lol it ain't offensive. It's a cultural thing plain and simple. Go into any cafe, or home kitchen where a fry up (fried breakfast) is being cooked, and your mate will ask you if you want 'red' or the 'brown.' Red is ketchup, brown is brown sauce. Brown also means heroin but they don't serve that in most cafes.

I love the way you guys have scones for breakfast and call them biscuits.

17. Might give the equivilant a go from time to time, but to be honest with the weight gain diet I'm on, my arsehole is already putting in some serious work.

18. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I love English breakfast.

19. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

20. Bit of a kick when you ain't had it in a while...shot glass of it would wake you up in the morning. Or you could get a bit exotic and go for a shot of wasabi.

Shut it you.