1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk about games.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I know a lot of people have negative views on gaming. It is true that gaming can be bad to us, but it is not always the case though. Most of the games we have have unrealistic gameplays and stuffs. I think it is made for that purpose and it will greatly benefit those people who love extreme, how do you call that, flowery dramatic gameplays. Most of us have been repressed by our society and those emotions and thoughts that we have been holding for years could backfire. I love video games, for one particular reason, because it allows me to do things that this world never allowed me to do so. I could break someone's face in the real world, but that would hurt me badly too. I could, however, just play MOBA games such as Dota, which offers a variety of plays and teamwork. I had a great game today and I just wanna know on your thoughts in playing video games?

2. I love playing video games and have been playing them since I was 5-6 years old. I can see your point about being able to escape from the real world through the fictional worlds/characters in video games (one of the reasons why I also love movies and comic books), and while I appreciate a game's storytelling and setting, I play video games first and foremost for the gameplay. If I want deep, engaging stories and characters, I can watch a movie or read a book, but I don't see the point of playing a video game that is made like a movie and doesn't actually offer any challenges gameplay-wise. Of course if it has both, even better. But I personally need the gameplay/mechanics to keep me engaged and give me a sense of progression through story or skill, otherwise I get bored quickly. I think if you enjoy playing video games for whatever reasons and live a balanced, healthy life, you shouldn't worry about other people's opinions. Happy gaming :)

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I like games. I do not like sports games or Call of Duty. I cannot play games anymore.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Its okay man. It is either you do not have time already or you don't like it anymore. I love playing games too, but have really small time for it.

5. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I love video games. Right now I'm playing through Devil May Cry 5. It's pretty tough on the normal difficulty level. Gaming is a legitimate form of media; it's as big as movies or music. I don't have a child, but if I did, I would spend time with him/her playing games. :)

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

My PC died and cannot replace it.

7. Same. I am playing NFSMW with my little cousins. Hahaha. Games can be actually a medium for connecting to others. I love playing online too.

8. Planning to buy one soon. Mac seems pretty good.

9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Good for you.

10. I think that an hour of video games is a healthy amount but anything over is to much

11. Spiritual Guy

Spiritual Guy Fapstronaut

Video games release dopamine in your brain every time you play them, like drugs, this is a process that makes you want to go back to video games, think of video games at times that you should not, that you dream of video games, etc. .. you should spend your time doing things that leave something positive in your life, such as reading, studying, practicing sports, socializing with people in real life, etc. The time of our life on earth is very short, when you play video games the day flies by and you can never get it back, just think about it ... when you are 80 years old and look back on your life and think about all the time you wasted Behind a screen in your room playing, I do not think it's something you'll be proud of. I played videogames from 10 years to 25 years old .. now I am 30 years old ... and let me tell you that I would like to go back and that someone would tell me that I would regret someday when I was older than all the time I lost playing and doing pmo .. that's what I think about videogames. greetings friends

12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I find this a bit exagerated. As a person who has played videogames all his life, you eventually get burned out and do other things, then return to play videogames and the cycle repeats, what are the other things you do is what really matters, or even what games are the ones you are playing. Also I could read a Playboy magazine, study the dark arts, practice the russian roulette, socialize with drug dealers, etc, and staying home playing videogames is better for you than any of those.

13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I have been playing the Final Fantasy series starting from the first one and I must say that it has attracted me to the RPG genre.