1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. So I had another wet dream last night (Night 42) and this marks the first one I had in thirteen days (Night 29), but before that, it had been nine years since I last had a wet dream. I was sleeping nude when it occurred and so I just cleaned up and went back to sleep. However, when I woke up this morning, not only do I have the chaser effect again, but this time, my penis has been hurting as a result of the wet dream. Is this normal? What should I do? Has this occurred to anyone else on here before? Any, and all, advice is appreciated! :D

Cilicio and Judas Johnson like this.
  2. Curious! Maybe you have hurt your penis during the erection for being naked. Suggest Underwear to sleep

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  3. I sometimes only sleep with my underwear (I am trying to find a way to sleep comfortably without having my urges to act up). That could be since I've been feeling such a pain I've never felt before and it's awful. :confused: Thank you for your advice though!

4. At night you spend allot of time with an erection, body does this naturally in REM sleep which accounts for significant part of your sleep. If you stop or limit stimulation then constant higher activity in relevant part of the nervous system may cause stronger and longer erections than normal and few hours asleep with massive erection is going to be painful. This also causes higher levels of stimulation and kind of leads in to why wet dreams happen. Massive erections are very stimulating, constant pulsing of the blood builds arousal overtime

Another clever thing is that unconscious masturbation in sleep is not uncommon, especially when withholding sexual activities. Body just goes at it while you are unconscious.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2019
  5. Is it weird that I've noticed that I hardly have an erection while I'm asleep... or so I think. Your explanation actually makes sense since I've been taking psychology and we were talking about REM sleep just earlier last week. Well, the pain only happened when I woke up and has now just gone away so I don't know what's going on, but thank you for your feedback.

6. You are not a very good judge of what happens when you sleep, you are not there to see it. Men have erections naturally all night, strongest are usually during the REM phases of sleep. Your best chance to see your nightly erection is in the morning after you wake up

7. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

It's usually recommended that men urinate not too long after ejaculation, to clear excess semen from the tracts and such. Could be a small infection, it'll go away by itself if that's the case. Drinking cranberry juice supposedly helps.

8. It can be anything to be honest. You said the pain went away so it rules out infection. Could be blue balls, it can be your penis was erect and got pinched by your body in an awkward position while asleep, could be it was hard for a longer time than usual like Ronilla said. It can be anything. If it keeps happening you should see a doctor to see if there is a physical issue that you can not see. DO wear underwear at least for a while to experiment and see if you still get pain when you have the next wet dream in that should happen in the next two weeks hopefully. I should get mines in a week I hope I am over due ;), aren't wet dreams fun though. I love em, coolest thing the body does when you just don't fap.

9. Had my third wet dream last night and it occurred since I was dreaming of all things: a wall and hearing a Barbra Streisand song. It was non-sexual, but I was in a mid-state of sleep (almost a deep state of sleep) and felt it happen so would that be a relapse or no?

I have done some calculations and ever since I started this second reboot, this has been the frequency of my wet dreams:

Day 0- Night 29/Day 30: 32.2%

Day 30- Night 42/Day 43: 14.4%

Day 43- Night 48/Day 49: 0.06%

That is a 46.66% decrease in cumming/ejaculation. I used to masturbate every single day so having my body releasing semen only three times (while I was asleep all three times) in almost 50 days is a huge sign of progress! However, I'm starting to worry that wet dreams might occur regularly and I'm terrified at the thought of such a notion. So what advice do you all have for stopping wet dreams and what else do I need to do to prevent them from being so frequent?

10. why would you want to stop wet dreams? why are you frighten about them? First, you can not stop wet dreams if you are not ejaculating those are the facts. Second, as months go by your body will adjust and you have less of them but will continue having wet dreams unless you have an active sexual lifestyle. Third, its your natural body physiology to get rid of old sperm and make room for a new batch. Guys on here will give you suggestions of what they heard from others or what worked for them to have them less frequent. The truth is that everyones body is different and would work for others may not work for you. The facts are by research to have them less frequent you should not eat spicy foods before going to bed as well drink alot of fluids, not to sleep on your stomach or have tight clothing where your dick get sensitize and make you ejaculate unconsciously. Even though doctors have research this through assumption they still admit that there is no way of stopping them because your body knows whats best and it will do what ever it takes to take care of itself.

11. Btw, I think you are over stressing it, just embrace them, the more you worry the more you go down the rabbit hole and you won't be able to enjoy life.

12. I don't want to completely stop them- that's insane. I just don't want them to occur every week or so, but rather every month or two, until my body is adjusted to the point that several months might go without one, but when it does happen every few months, I can actually smile and mentally know that I'm at a great place in terms of my reboot. I never eat anything spicy before bed, unless it was something for dinner five to six hours earlier, I always drink plenty of water, I sleep on my side, and I wear either very loose fitting sleep clothes or nothing at all. You're right when you said that my body knows what's best for me and will do anything to take care of itself. I can't control everything about my body and if my body does this (though how frequent is up to my lifestyle choice and my body), I can live with it. I guess you can say that I'm still in shock that after nine years of PMO, I'm finally having wet dreams again- though I'm afraid of messing up and relapsing as a result of said wet dream.

I think you're right. I don't want to go down a rabbit hole to where I stress about them so much that I end up relapsing as a result. I guess I've been stressed about them since they hadn't occurred for nine years and now, three of them has happened in almost two months. I'm just trying to (re)adjusted to the notion of wet dreams with each passing day of my reboot and you're right. I'm going to stop worrying about them and start enjoying life. Thank you so much for the advice. :D

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is crazy, it's natural! :confused: Wearing underwear causes more tension and pressure on the penis than being naked does.

14. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have never heard of this. I cannot imagine how a wet dream could cause your penis to hurt. :(

15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is a sleeping disorder - sexsomnia - and has nothing to do with doing the NoFap challenge. It is quite rare in fact.

16. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

No. Men have erections 4 or 5 times a night for 25-35 minutes each time. If you wake during the last one, we call it "morning wood".

17. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

A wet dream is never a relapse, even if you inseminate all the cheerleaders! :p It is an unconscious reflex, nothing more.

18. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

@SacredSemen101's advice about wet dreams is solid. Personally, I sleep naked on my right side. In the first few months on my first longish streak I had wet dreams every 10-14 days, but they reduced over time. These days, my body either absorbs unwanted sperm cells and semen or some is exuded when I pee. Bottom line, don't let it stress you - live life! :)

19. If we are going to play this game then, men have erections shortly after entering rem sleep and usually those last until end of that rem cycle. Rem cycles can last anywhere from 5minutes at the beginning of sleep and up to 60-90 minutes in the morning.
    And they are just called erections, "morning wood" is slang

20. True, even though its possible to have an erection for an hour without shrinking back to normal state, healthy men have erections couple times during REM which when you wake up from the last one its called morning wood IF you wake up with morning wood does not happen all the time. Wet dream occurs in one of those REM sleep or right before or right after immediately depends how fast and in tune your reproductive organ is in tune with your brain during the dream.