1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by tomgn, Mar 24, 2019.

1. tomgn

tomgn New Fapstronaut

Hey I’m new to this community and are trying to get rid of my addiction. It feels weird calling it an addiction as until recently I didn’t see it as an addiction but rather a normal thing every man does. However when I started to realise that I no longer did it for pleasure and instead it was to numb pain and was part of my routine I finally realised I need to change. Hence the reason I’m here. I pretty much masturbate every day every week and I was wondering if there was any advice people had to stop

Tom_Corsi and Deleted Account like this.
  2. I will give you this one: You need the answer to the question WHY. That answer will be the reason which keeps you on your knees, the reason you pick up this fight!

Tom_Corsi likes this.
  3. Tom_Corsi

Tom_Corsi Fapstronaut

That is a great suggestion. I would also suggest beginning a journal and reading some of the other journals on here. The most helpful part of this site has been both the comments I have received and the journal entries I have read from an inner circle of friends I have found on here. I think that the process of recovery goes much better when we have others helping us.

Welcome!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

I concur with the above post that you must have a clear WHY in your mind. There are lots of "HOWS" and a lot of folks here can share experiences, advice, counsel, (and frustrations too) with you, but only YOU can know WHY you are embarking upon this journey.

Your reason or reasons need to be something that you really feel passion about, so no vague or fuzzy reasons. Be clear and honest with yourself. There is NO wrong answer, it is whatever is important for YOU.

You are in a good place now to begin your healing journey.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.