1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Isolation and sleep to recover?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Newlife33, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Newlife33

Newlife33 Fapstronaut

Does anyone notice they need like a reboot time when they are discovering things about themselves and making changes? I swear sometimes I will discover something and then it takes three days of me being in a fog to recover afterwards.

2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Tell me more, can you provide an example?

3. Newlife33

Newlife33 Fapstronaut

Yes. So I realized a few weeks ago that I struggled with letting people project their emotions onto me. If someone was feeling stressed or angry or sad or ashamed, I many times didn't have the boundaries to defend myself or resist enmeshment. But once I realized it and started to practice boundaries, it was like I had a huge brain fog, low energy and just needed to rest for a while to process the shock of the discovery.

I guess writing it out now what I experienced was the shock of discovery. I was shocked in a good way and that sort of knocked me out for a bit.

4. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Alright, I see. I get similar thoughts and feelings which I have to process for a little time. About that specific example, remember that you don't need to worry about other people's problems.

5. monkeymode

monkeymode Fapstronaut

Yes this has happened to me a lot. Its as if I go into a different state of mind for a while and feel isolated from the world. As if I almost wish I hadn't learned what I did. Meditate and have a regular sleep schedule and exercise and it will pass.

-Monkeymode