1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 38 flat line

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Inspector Gadget, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Inspector Gadget

Inspector Gadget Fapstronaut

I've made it 38 days and I'm approaching the halfway point of my journey. I think I'm in a flat line at this point and time. I was feeling great, and had all sorts of energy but now I just feel blah. In the beginning I noticed I was way more outgoing and willing to get out in public among other people, but now I'm happy just to stay at home. I have no motivation to even go outside and do anything. I have no sexual motivation either. I'm just stuck. It started a few days ago and I was hoping it would be over by now. This is depressing. I need some one to tell me that I'll recover from this. I feel like my old self before I started nofap. I'm hoping this ends soon because I'm starting to panic. Any positive words would nice. Any advice? Please help.

dboy18 likes this.
  2. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Don't listen to the voice in your head saying that you should not continue and that you can fap and that it does no harm.
    You already call it the flatline yourself, because you have probably read about it, because it is real and everybody else doing PMO has gone through it or are going through it right now.

My flatline is about to start. Felt for a couple days no interest in women at all, today I feel some sort of hornyness, but will probably be gone by tomorrow. I'm at day 26. Have been on 50+ days before and your mood keeps changing everyday. It's fighting an addiction. It will get better.

Congrats on 38 days by the way. It is very precious, don't lose it.

justafriend and Inspector Gadget like this.
  3. Inspector Gadget

Thanks for the encouragement brother. This flat line part is harder than I thought. I feel useless and don't care that I feel useless!! Lol.

Roffelaar likes this.
  4. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

The flatline is where it gets dangerous. I have relapsed so often, because my mind would tell me everyday: Why am I doing this anyway?? It doesn't make me any better, nofap is a lie! I have gone 30 days without fapping, what difference is it going to make anyway??

That's when your mind gets soft.

But everytime I did relapse I felt absolutely shit for giving up my streak and goal. This time however I am going to fight my mind like hell.

You are not alone man :)

5. Inspector Gadget

Thank you my brother!! Your not alone either!! We will make it!!

6. Stick with it, don‘t give up. As Roffelaar said, it is only temporary and you have come a long way already. I know those moments of doubt only too well. Let me tell you: they will pass if you continue. How long will it last? That seems to be different for everyone of us. I felt like being in that rut for about two weeks, maybe longer with some better spells in between. Others have reported different things in the forum.
    Anyway, stay on course, continue what you originally set out to achieve. It‘s worth it!

Inspector Gadget likes this.