1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Losing interest in fiance' after stopping PMO

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Hey guys, just needed to ask a quick question if any of you once you stopped PMO you started seemingly losing interest in your SO. Ive noticed its not a complete loss of interest just like it seems that im less attracted to her then when i was still PMO'ing. Kind of freaking out about this because im going to be married too this wonderful woman and honestly deep down i still love her deeply, i just hope these are side affects and my brain is healing because i dont think you just one day lose interest in a patner.
    Once again thanks guys.

2. I should also add that she is at school and i havent seen her since i quit PMO we also are both religious and havent had sex. So im not sure if this is that serious anyway, could just be the reboot and low libido.

3. Hey,

I already answered your questions as we talked yesterday..

I don't see the need to repeat asking the same question again and again.

4. There are times during recovery when your mind is going to be all over the from seemingly crazy urges to no drive, flat line. It's not easy to do but try not to worry about these things too much now. Just stick with your plan and give it time.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. NF4L

NF4L Fapstronaut

How do you know you are losing interest in her, since you haven’t even seen her? That doesn’t make sense to me. Now if you were spending time with her and then wondering why you are even doing that it might make sense. If you are not having sex, what does libido have to do with it anyway. If she is to be your partner, your friend for life, there is much more to it than sex. She must be your confidant, your best friend, your greatest love, and the person that knows you best. I wouldn’t even consider having plans to be married until you are committed to recovery, and have plenty of sobriety under your belt (let’s say a year). You owe her that respect, and you owe it to the better person you could be to see it that way. Believe me you don’t want to put your spouse, the one who you honor and cherish above all others, through the pain of betrayal trauma, doubting her own worth, beauty, and value. Let alone wondering when you will betray her again, how it will happen, who it was with, and if she could measure up to them, as if they even compared to her to begin with. Questioning everything, and being suspicious of everyone, when you are the actual problem, or at least your addiction is. She won’t just get over it.

6. Susannah

Susannah Fapstronaut

Listen to this! Betrayal trauma is no joke. It ruins lives.