1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Boxing tips

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Washingcleaner, Mar 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Washingcleaner

Washingcleaner Fapstronaut

I been itching to get into boxing for a few months now but I don't have any gyms near where I live. So you guys have any home work outs I van do until I can get into a gym
    17 btw

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Do push ups and sit ups on a regular basis.
    In my boxing classes my trainer makes me do them a lot.

Breath out when you go up with a pushup or sit up and breath in when you go back down. Breathing is also very important with boxing. When you jab/punch you breath out and when someone punches you, you breath out aswell.

As a first boxing exercise you could try to just do left and right jabs in the air. When you jab left, you step with your left foot forward and you breath out. Then jab right, step forward with your right foot at the same time and breath out.
    Theres also great youtube videos for beginner boxing and also for proper form with push ups and sit ups.

Washingcleaner and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  3. Washingcleaner

Thanks man also for foot work would running work if so for how long?

4. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Jep running is great, but running is also tough for your joints, so look at your own body and see how heavy you are and what feels right. The last thing you want is injuries. I developed a lot of injuries by trailrunning too many miles up and down the mountains. Never ran before and started doing crazy miles out of nowhere, learned from that :p

Just start on a slow pace and don't run too long. Just start with a 1 or 2 mile jog.

5. chest and triceps dips, also pullups.

6. Washingcleaner

Thanks for the tips I have been trying them, will update when results start showing.