1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[365-CHALLENGE] THE THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Dec 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

One more day passed
    22 on

2. Took a cold shower today..he he..not fun at all.

We have to keep encouraging one another bro and defeat our common enemy.

3. Yes I will!

4. Hell Week Day 1: Wow! I may be way over my head

Checklist:

- Waking up @ 4:30 am: Failed in this; Woke up at 5.50 am this morning; still consider it a success as I usually wake up at 7:30 am
    - 1000 push-ups: 300 push ups completed so far
    1000 ab exercises especially crunches: 100 completed
    500 squats: 110 completed
    200 pull ups: 7 completed. This will be a herculean task to complete this week. Wah!
    - Running 20k accumulatively throughout the 7 days: run 6.4 km this morning
    - Facing some of my worst fears e.g. snakes by going to the snake park and seeing them live: Viewed the most scary snake pictures online and got scared stiff; This will be hard
    talking to attractive women: N/A right now
    - Coding for a minimum of 3 hours a day: 1 hour completed
    - Absolutely no YouTube: Clean so far
    no FB or whatsapp: Clean so far
    No watching movies or series: clean so far
    - No internet usage between 7pm and 10pm: N/A right now
    - Schedule my day thoroughly: Not Done
    - No Sugar intake: failed in this; Put 1 teaspoon of sugar in my morning tea
    - Meditate first thing when I wake: Completed 10 mins meditation
    and last thing before going to bed: N/A right now
    - Review my values: Completed
    write down and internalize my goals every morning: Not Done
    - Read a personal development book in one week i.e. The Motivation Manifesto: Read 70 of 275 pages
    - Cold shower- spend a minimum of 5 mins under a cold shower per day: Done for Sunday
    - Thorough daily Bible Study and meditation: Not Done

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2019
  5. 19 days in! Started my hell week. I feel really enthused about it. My motivation is high. No excuses!

6. The_Fisher

The_Fisher Fapstronaut

Thanks, I appreciate it.

7. rewiring4good

rewiring4good Fapstronaut

Day 2/365
    I am so much stronger this time around and I feel I have discovered the way to defeat this once and for all.

What did I do differently?

Well,during my relapse that consisted of looking at some drawn images not real people(my mind was telling me this was okay as long as it was not real people)No! Wrong! I wrote on paper how I was feeling whilst looking at these.
    And I found myself writing all negative words for example waste of time,degrading,stupid,childish,sick,if you are not careful,it will make you look older,selfish,I have gone over my time limit,where did 1 hour go?Do I want my wife doing this?Filling my brain with poison,drug,decreasing my alpha state,waste of time again etc that now I can tell myself if ever I have an urge. I gave into the urge last time,gave it a chance, but in the end I wrote down nothing but negative things!I honestly feel this is the key to breaking this habit.Keep going with your streaks,it just isn't worth it!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  8. eagerUser

eagerUser Fapstronaut

9. scobiscuit

scobiscuit Fapstronaut

10. rewiring4good

rewiring4good Fapstronaut

This is a great idea and I like your positivity when you mentioned even though you didn't wake up at your desired time,you still consider it a success. Also you ran 6.54 kms this morning?Wow!You are doing great so far with these challenges. Good on you dude!!

11. Captain Anurag

Captain Anurag Fapstronaut

Day 65

Urðr, happysloth, The_Fisher and 5 others like this.
  12. benj

benj Fapstronaut

18/365
    Make your own decisions

Urðr, happysloth, The_Fisher and 6 others like this.
  13. Hey guys. Well you know I believe in total honesty. So I have to tell you, I broke my streak late last night. But ... I'm feeling ok about it actually.

First off, 122 days beat my previous limit of 110 days, so I'm proud of that. I feel like I've gained alot more skill in handling things over the last few months. I feel more in control of my destiny now, despite this setback.

Also, I realized something important, actually critical I think in my case. A part of me thought that if I just waited long enough, that at some point my relationship with P would reset back to how it was when i was younger. That I could maybe go back to softcore/vanilla P once-in-awhile. But nope, I get it now. I really get it now. Too many years of P addiction led me down a road of ever-escalating content. The old stuff just doesn't work anymore. So what that means for me is, anytime I decide it's ok to watch P, it is tantamount to me saying it's ok to go down a dark spiral of some of the worst graphic, deviant P out there.

It's like a long-term meth addict thinking they can go back to those days where they'd catch a buzz off a strong black tea. Those days are over for me, long gone. So now I know the plain truth. And the truth is power, if we use it. For me that truth is simple: any P means I'll end up instantly slipping into the worst P. I don't want that in my life. I really don't. I feel that deep down now. My life is so much better without exposing my mind and soul to such degrading, soul-destroying garbage.

Thus, with this new insight, I will begin again. I believe whether we succeed or fail, we always can take what we've learned to the next challenge. Let us always keep growing, and moving towards a more positive future!

I'll probably be heading back to the 60 or 90-day thread, then one day, possibly back to this thread with all you awesome people. As always, thank you for your support. Good luck all, keep at it!

14. Cody Dinh

Cody Dinh Fapstronaut