1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex at Day 54 Hard Mode. Progress lost or a good thing?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by YellowPig, Apr 7, 2019.

1. YellowPig

YellowPig Fapstronaut

Hi guys.
    I was going on a pretty good hardmode streak (longest so far) at 54 days. And at Day 54, I had sex with a girl. We have an emotional connection as friends, but I never thought of making love to her before.

My question is, will it ruin my progress I have done so far? How long would it take to get back on track?

I still have high energy and confidence level after sex though, like before, and am aware of the chaser effect (have experienced it before).

Cheers

2. Mithradates

Mithradates Fapstronaut

I think if its a healthy sexual encounter with a woman you care for and trust, is fine. Unless you want to be ascetic monk. The purpose of abstaining from PMO is to re-wire your brain in a healthy way. I think having sex with a woman who isnt your girlfriend is not preferable. Casual sexual encounters can lead to other disorders.
    Also if you start copulating with her every time you get an urge and it becomes everyday, its not healthy either. NoFap is about self control.

Dont think it ruins your progress but a natural outcome of it.

3. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

I think (in my humble opinion) it's okay as long as you have the intention that the girl you are with, might be a future partner for you. But having sex with different partners without commitment is dangerous because this is replacing PMO addiction with sex addiction.

I wish you all the best in your recovery road.

4. YellowPig

YellowPig Fapstronaut

@Mithradates I do trust and care for her, as a friend. After having sex with her I had a pretty strong chaser effect but I didn’t act upon that urge; I controlled myself. Do you think I lost some of the physical/physiologial benefits though?

@theoptimist She might. Thanks brother.

5. Briareos

Briareos Fapstronaut

Semen retention is pointless without a purpose, a healthy balanced relationship is good for your (and her's) mind and body.
    Good for you B!

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

For me sex it´s 100% positive, abstaning from PMO erase that evil path and with sex you increase the healty path of sex with real people.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

8. Extremebrah92

Extremebrah92 Fapstronaut

dudeeee uuu haddd sexxxx , who cares about nofap at that moment ,this is even a bigger step into recovery , just have sex forget about nofap and boom problem fixed