1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Woman on POF wanted to shave my head

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by 1978, Mar 23, 2019.

1. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

So, I was browsing my matches on POF and I came across a woman with a shaven head. I actually thought she looked rather nice. I sometimes like women with short hair anyway. The thing is, though, she was looking for a guy to shave his head too!

I have mid length hair and I rather like it that way, so I messaged her saying I like her short hair but could I keep my hair at least until it get really hot in the summer? She said no.

It's really bizarre. I mean, if I was already in a relationship with a woman and she wanted me to change my hairstyle, I would consider it. But to allow someone you've never met before to shave your hair off just to please them? That would be the behaviour of a lunatic.

I said to her: "Be careful. Any guys you get who agree to this might be mentally unstable."

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. nef

nef Fapstronaut

Nailed it

Dr. Mario and 1978 like this.
  3. SpoonDog

SpoonDog Fapstronaut

There's some very strange people on there and after a while you come across all sorts of bizarre profiles. Particularly those who have a set of requirements so specific there's no chance they'll find what they're looking for, particularly on a site like POF.

If the scenario was of a man messaging a woman to tell her how she should have her hair in such a direct manner, it would probably be screen-shotted, posted on Twitter and picked up and printed as a story by some lazy journalist...

4. POF was the worst dating site, so many fake profiles

5. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

I've been on POF. Had one date which fizzled out and a complete waste of time.

6. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

Had to get rid of POF for me, too many booty pics and prostitutes on there.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  7. SippinTea

SippinTea Fapstronaut

I wouldn't do that unless you have a good head shape

8. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

I find POF to be a bit of a mixture. I have had some genuine dates from POF, but it is also filled with fake prostitute profiles. A while back I did contact POF to complain about this, but they simply said that they were constantly doing everything they could to get rid of the fake profiles. I think they need to prevent them from signing up in the first place. Personally I would be willing to jump through more hoops to set up a profile if it meant eliminating most of the fake profiles.

9. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Fapstronaut

Either deal with gobs of fake profiles on free websites, or pay money for a paid website and get access to a pool 1/20th the size of the free places
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. StarvingSparrow

StarvingSparrow Fapstronaut

Mr. 1978, you're a champ. Never stop posting.

1978 likes this.
  11. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Women often shave their head after a traumatic experience. It could be she needs that level of commitment/devotion/trust to feel safe with a new guy. It expresses itself in a weird way but it also signals a willingness to give up vanity and attachment.

1978 likes this.
  12. StarvingSparrow

StarvingSparrow Fapstronaut

Eh I think women shave their heads for many different reasons.. but I don't think it's healthy to try find that in someone else just for that reason. And its like this guy said, any guy who actually would, probably isn't in the right head space to do so

13. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Thanks! I'm not on here all that often, but I am trying to catch up today.

14. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Yes, you might have a point there. Last year I met a woman with a shaved head at a group event I was leading, and she confessed that she had mental health issues.