1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How much caffeine do you drink and do you consider your consumption level healthy?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Administrator Account, Apr 15, 2019.

1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Well....I don't know why you become so repulsive about that previous name
    But it was really cute and better than this one
    But still it's your choice...haha

Coffee Candy likes this.
  2. I love the way coffee smells but I only drink it during emergency situations. I almost want to buy an automatic coffee makers to wake up to and throw out the coffee.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  3. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
  4. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

I have watched this video a few months ago. It was funny but then I read more about the subject, and it turns out many things from this video are true. So I decided to stop drinking coffee and I did it very easily. Before that, I was drinking at least one coffee in the morning, and one or two more during the day.

I stopped drinking energy drinks a few years ago because of heart issues.

Alexander likes this.
  5. I don't like it. Never developed a taste for it. I have tried it on many occasions, and now when I know better, I am glad I stayed away. Green tea is what's needed at the max for me when I need the aid of some stimulating substance to wake me up or something.

recon117 likes this.
  6. RalphMcDonald

RalphMcDonald Fapstronaut

Caffeine is the most commonly consumed in the world and this is an active ingredient in coffee. The coffee contains variable amount of caffeine ranges from 50 to 400 mg per cup. In general assume 8 ounce cup of coffee contains 100 mg so study states that 4 cups of coffee that is 400 mg can be safe for the healthiest adults. But only coffee isn't, there are many other sources of caffeine like tea, energy drinks, soft drinks, chocolate and some medications.

7. I read that a healthy person can have up to 4.5 espresso shots a day without much problem. More then that might interfere with sleep and make you a tad jittery during the day. I've experimented with no caffeine for periods of time and high doses of caffeine for periods of time without a huge stance one way or the other. Your body adjusts to it either way. I generally switch to decaf if I feel like I've hit my limit for the day.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  8. dicul

dicul New Fapstronaut

Trying to quit caffeine for 90 days with no PMO - this aim/achievement is quite far-fetched for me or difficult to accept i could do this. Caffeine in the form of coffee has been the single most addictive vice to me even more than PMO.

9. Update: Been weening off of caffeine. Down to half of a cup of black tea per day, trying to get off of that too slowly.

10. Now i dont drink anything neither coffee nor tea.Lol.I quit both..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2019
    Coffee Candy likes this.
  11. I drink 2 or 3 cups of black coffee with the whole cream. Usually, this is my breakfast and lunch. Dinner will be my only meal for the day. I also take stimulants for ADHD, so I'm as jumpy as a cat! Yes, I consider it healthy.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. I consume a ton of caffein and nothing really happens to me. I’ve had 4 cans of Bang within an 8 hour period before; that’s a total of 1200mg of caffeine for those who don’t know the brand. As for coffee, shit, I can drink 10 cups to myself easily. My favorite brand is Death Wish, either their regular blend or their Valhalla Java. On the rare occasions I go to a coffee shop, I’ll get a 32oz mocha with 6 shots.

I don’t care that it’s a drug or that someone has to do some type of work just so I can have it. Everyone is doing some kind of work just so someone else can have it better: that’s literally what a job is about.

Here’s a picture of my 24 oz coffee mug that keeps me motivated each morning. A little message to all of the caffeine haters! ;):D:p

CB203730-8086-461C-9BDA-A7776D8C9782.jpeg

Breadman and Mr. McMarty like this.
  13. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth New Fapstronaut

It depends.. but usually about 3-4 cups of coffee a day

14. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

I keep it below 400 mg a day ideally, I either ingest it through preworkout, an energy shot, energy drink, or coffee.
    You've probably built up a tolerance, have you ever tried going a day without it? Just to see if you get headaches.

15. Yup. Sometimes I get a headache and other times I won’t. Last time I stopped cold turkey and didn’t get any headaches.

16. Breadman

Breadman Fapstronaut

I drink 6-8 cups a day right up to bedtime the only thing I notice it I pee a lot but don’t wake up to go. I drink an espresso in the morning to start the day then regular black the rest of the time.

17. Breadman

Breadman Fapstronaut

It probably wasn’t the coffee that made you feel bad it’s the sugar and crap they put in the frapacino.

18. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

I never drunk caffeine I hate all types of drugs

19. sparkz

sparkz Fapstronaut

I try not to drink it as I'm sensitive to it: it makes me anxious and sometimes it gives me facial tics. But like @Alexander quite often I end up having it if I have disturbed sleep. Like today: I've not slept well all week so I had a cup of Earl Grey in the morning and a bottle of Iced Tea in the afternoon, to get me through the work day, and it's half eleven at night here in the UK and I CANNOT sleep. Ha ha. I probably could have survived on just the cup of tea in the morning, but because I like the taste of caffeine I will sometimes justify it to myself when perhaps I don't need it.

20. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut