1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Little Bit About Music

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by The Real Man, Mar 26, 2019.

1. The Real Man

The Real Man Fapstronaut

Didn't see any threads here regarding music, so I decided to just start one myself.

Music is a very important thing to me. My whole childhood consisted of music, spending whole entire days during the holidays just listening to music and rocking out. It remains to this day, my first and foremost form of release, and escape. My tastes range widely from soft/emotional rock all the way to metal. I like most of it. To list my favourite bands would take some time, but the most popular ones would be AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses, Def Leppard, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Ausioslave, Five Finger Death Punch, Avatar, Metallica. I could go on for a while. I don't limit myself to one genre exclusively, I have a wide range of stuff that I like depending on what I'm feeling. I definitely tend to be a little more old school, despite the fact I'm only 22, but also like the new metal these days. Not really a fan of death metal, slam or grind. I do like metalcore, hardcore, that sort of stuff. Also any metal band that has some awesome melody scores highly with me, which is why I like Avatar so much.

Anyway, that's me. I'm keen to chat about all music and maybe discover new bands or songs.

Deadlihood likes this.
  2. I grew to appreciate music more the past 2 years, i really like it now, i used to be a big classic rock and metal fan, but that phase is mostly over now, still love metal but as a christian i find a lot of the bands like slipknot dont preach a good message at all and i feel guilty listening now a days, however i love bands like killswitch engage. I listen to bands like digital daggers nowadays, and a lot of foreign music, especially japanese.

3. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

OP, listen to Rebel Within by Hank Williams III. You’ll dig the fuck outta it.

4. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

If you enjoy metal with melody checkout In Contact album by Caligula’s Horse.

GigglingTrout and The Real Man like this.
  5. The Real Man

The Real Man Fapstronaut

Lol, pretty sure I just got trolled

6. The Real Man

The Real Man Fapstronaut

That song is awesome, never heard of Digital Daggers before either. Will have to check them out.
    This is one of my all time favourite songs, every word is just relatable. You might like it also.

7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Nope. 10/10 song. No sarcasm here.

8. Markony

Markony New Fapstronaut

I can't imagine my life without music. I even started reading blog for musicians and want to buy a computer for music recording. I'm a big fan of electronic music. Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Björk are my favs. They inspired me so much, I want to start making my own music one day.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    The Real Man likes this.
  9. The Real Man

The Real Man Fapstronaut

Follow your dreams my man :)

10. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Have you tried Disturbed? they're a pretty good nu-metal band. Based on what you like, I think you'll dig Disturbed. Their album 'Ten Thousand Fists' is pretty good.

11. The Real Man

The Real Man Fapstronaut

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. The Real Man

The Real Man Fapstronaut

Yes, I know Disturbed intimately, very good band. I like their newer stuff as well.

Unrelated, but I found a band called Siberian Meat Grinder who are surprisingly good, they have a lot of quality metal tracks