1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation advice

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 16, 2019.

1. What are your thoughts on holding your breathe after inhaling or exhaling.

2. shibby

shibby Fapstronaut

While in meditation? It is advised universally to not control your breath consciously while meditating. There are subconscious processes that control the breath, but these are okay. You should try to drop all conscious intent to control the breath though. Much more difficult than it sounds for some people.

What style of meditation do you do if I may ask? Anapanasati?

3. no particular style, i just do deep breathing, i might do 3 deep breathes and for the 4th hold it, i find it relaxes me super fast.

4. RalphMcDonald

RalphMcDonald Fapstronaut

It is very common that inhaling is an important in the act of breathing and controlling it. Many people take a breath and control it, but this can place unhealthy pressure and they do not give attention to exhale process. The excess carbon dioxide may remain if not completely exhaled. So when exhaling process completed, the body can take a reflex inhale.

5. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

It can be good for when you're stressed or angry, but in those cases prayer and Scriptural recitation would be the best things for rebalancing your frame of mind.

Otherwise, if you're just chilling, it can help to relax, but just be careful you aren't entering pagan practices.

6. Thanks for the warning but I dont see how breathe holding could be pagan, I think its all about your intent.

7. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

It's all about knowledge and intent, yes.

BravelyKegger likes this.