1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Monk"

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by "The Monk", Apr 12, 2019.

1. "The Monk"

"The Monk" Fapstronaut

I am 16 and about to be 17 within a few months. I'm going to take a lot of feats that will make me a far better man than who I'm right now. I will be posting every self improvement I make in this thread and I'm always open to any suggestion that you can offer. If you find my journey to be useful you can also join me and we can improve as a team.
    Also I'm on nofap monk mode. With this I mean that along with no PMO I'll stop sexual fantasies too. I know that I have to avoid social media too but I can't do that currently because I don't have much friends around here and it's my vacation time so I spent at least 6 hours on PC and phone everyday. So I've decided to cut short that to 3 hours per day. My journey on this thread begins with this slight for improvement.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I just wanna say that this is awesome. When I was your age, about 10 years ago, I was a lazy and unmotivated mess. I fapped a lot, didn't study much, wasted time and (God, I did embarrassing things I'm ashamed of).

I wish you the best of luck and you've gone on a good path early, you can make your life great. I feel proud of being a part of the NoFap community, striving for improving ourselves and inspiring others to do the same.

CoolBuddy7 and "The Monk" like this.
  3. Leotampan

Leotampan Fapstronaut

Goodluck on ur journey bro

4. "The Monk"

"The Monk" Fapstronaut

thanks to all for the support

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  5. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah great job man, being aware of your health in mind/body young is a road to happy life : )

6. "The Monk"

"The Monk" Fapstronaut

Thank you. By the way I very much appreciate your streak. Has any advice to share with us all.

7. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Well rebooting takes time, be patient, love yourself even if you fail... If you fail, learn and continue.
    Reboot should be a start to taking care of yourself mind an body, cultivate your health for the rest of your life : )

What helped me : practicing qi gong, reading and posting here, spend some time with yourself, ask yourself: why are you jerking of? the benefits?

Have fun ; )

8. "The Monk"

"The Monk" Fapstronaut

9. "The Monk"

"The Monk" Fapstronaut

Today was a good day. I woke up on 7 am, did a cold shower, went to temple, drank 2 litres of water only few more cups to reach 3 litres. Read Sherlock Holmes book to kill the time.I worked out and meditated after the workout session. I am going to go to sleep at 9:30. I need to wake up early now.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    CoolBuddy7 and WalkingForward like this.
  10. "The Monk"

"The Monk" Fapstronaut

Today I realised one thing. There is no point in keeping a streak in everything, for life is not under our control. It's alright to keep a streak but you should leave it after reaching a certain point and move on. Do whatever you are doing but after your streak you should simply practice it daily without keeping a streak. Then it will become a habit. When you uptake a challenege of 30 days in workout you could get a fever on the 25th day. Most of us have a mentality like all or none thus we will think that our 25 days improvement is all gone which is a lie. However keeping a streak will result in demotivation than motivation. So I've taken up the mindset that you will get gratified for what you do today. That is in fact true. If you take a cold shower today you will feel good today, if you meditate today you will feel good today and that works for other things too. So I'm going to stick to a routine rather than a streak. My current routine is.

Wake up at 6 am
    Meditation
    Cold shower
    Going to temple
    Drinking 3 litres of water daily
    Reducing screen time.
    Working out
    Meditating 10 min before going to sleep
    Going to sleep at 9:30.

But in the case of nofap its the oppostite. You have to keep a streak inorder to see benefits

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  11. "The Monk"

"The Monk" Fapstronaut

Man nofap monk mode is absolutely fantastic. I can totally see the benefits from day 7. When I was on nofap hard mode I felt like this way past day 7, but on day 7 monk mode I can feel the benefits that I feel on day 30 or something of nofap hard mode. I am not that afraid of social situations now. My communication has become more fluent. I feel like my getting things done. Moreover my body feels very healthy, calm, and peaceful. I just can feel that peace.

WalkingForward likes this.