1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your true potential ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Whiskeyjack, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Hello everyone !
    This is a general question I wanted to ask.

Deep deep down we know what we can really do, yet somehow we never do. We blame our circumstances, our partners or maybe our bad luck.

What is that you think you can or could have really become if you had not stumbled somewhere in your path ?

2. jayjayUK

jayjayUK Fapstronaut

Far better than I was. The good thing for me though, is the fact that I have recently realised that I can walk down a different path and I choose the better path.

3. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

I would have had a college degree right now... I would probably not be as interesting as a person, more normal.
    I would have had better health.
    My health is decent, but my body has been abused, by myself and others.
    I would probably be married already and happier.
    But really I am proud of my scars even though I regret them, they have made me someone who has the foundations for success now. Really at this point my stumblings have become my stepping stones and I'm going to be something bigger then what I could have been if I had chosen the "right" path.
    I use my hate and hurt as fuel and it works.
    I thank "god" for all the hate and the hurt that's in me everyday. It's been a blessing in disguise and will continue to be.

4. LouMan

LouMan Fapstronaut

hmm this is such a tough question - examining the past for 'clues' or ideas about the future is fraught with danger in some ways. we dont really even have the power of hindsight becuase we dont KNOW what we would have done without PMO. perhaps wed be drug addicts instead or run over by a car.

btw i like your answer Thanatos. part of me says perhaps i would have been healthier and fitter with more face to face relationships. but who knows who knows REALLY?? i personally know MANY people who do not have a PMO issue but live completely unconsciuously (i am very far off from conscious myself!) and who i would not want to be in a MILLION YEARS.

5. painistemporary

painistemporary Fapstronaut

If I had not been here now. If I wouldnt have been on this path! Then I wouldnt have been able to learn what I have now. It really is impossible to say even approximately that what I would have been if I never was addicted to PMO? But this journey is no worse and I am learning at an tremendous rate about myself and other things!
    I truly believe that I was myself to blame for what has happened now. But now that I am here, I'm gonna make sure that I'm gonna do greater than any to other damn person which I would have been if I had not fapped to P.
    By potential I believe I can be whoever I wanna be and whatever I wanna be (with a pinch of realisticity).
    Its all a mind game buddy!

6. Nath1234

Nath1234 Fapstronaut

Becoming a better Son to my parents..

7. Thanks Nath1234, painistemporary, LouMan & Thanatos for your wonderful replies ! I appreciate them.

My question was not that what would you have become if you hadn't been in the habit of PMOing.

My question was : Deep deep down what do you think you can do ? What is the perfect you ? What is he/she capable of ? Obviously we are not perfect and will never be, but at least we can strive to be.