1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

11 Ways to improve yourself and become a better person.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Theseeker19, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Theseeker19

Theseeker19 Fapstronaut

1- GET MOVING (Go to the gym or go jogging, Walking Etc..).

2- Try yoga (yoga has long been shown to reduce stress and anxiety, and to improve overall well-being).

3- Mindfulness meditation (Helps you control your emotions and much more).

- Wake up for the sunrise (wake up quietly and calmly and start your day, No SM).

5-
    Practice gratitude (Reminding yourself of the positive things in your life and always thank people when they do you a favor).

6- Take a break (Tired or exhausted because of some activity like studying ? then take a break and vent your feelings).

7- Read and Read.

8- Learn the skills they didn't teach you in school (Programming, Design, Time management, etc..).

9- Learn a new language.

10- Use the 60/10 rule (work for 60 minutes then take a rest for 10 min).

11- Say No (Your time is your most valuable asset. Learn to say no and give yourself more time to do the things that make you smarter, better and happier).

What things do you suggest people do to improve themselves? share your bright knowledge with us.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  2. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

thanks for your post, i really wanted to thank you.. this post have made me realized the things that ive not doint yet..

it is not possible for me to follow all of the rules, but surely im gonna make good changes according to your post.

I`m gonna sleep and get up early in the morning.

practicing gratitude, 10/10 rule!

once again really thank you for sharing the valuable traits for gaining better and disciplinary lifestyle. I will definitely follow particular things from the list you have made..

CH3RRY likes this.
  3. Elzapadelagente

Elzapadelagente Fapstronaut

La gratitud es una herramienta poderosa

CH3RRY likes this.
  4. k0nn3ct

k0nn3ct Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I totally agree to all of these especially practicing meditation and gratitude. Thanks for sharing!

5. Js5

Js5 Fapstronaut

If you play music, pick up your guitar, drumsticks, piano, whatever when feeling an urge (or just as a practice) and play. It’s even better if you are trying to learn or play something new. The brain lights up when you play music, as studies have shown and from my own personal experience. It’s therapeutic, centering and can be exhilarating.

If you don’t play an instrument, consider learning one. You are not too old to start and you are able to do it with patience and practice.

CH3RRY and Elzapadelagente like this.