1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is there a magic pill?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by mijereah, Mar 9, 2015.

1. mijereah

mijereah Fapstronaut

Is there a magic pill to make the desire of wanting women go away? Let me tell you my brief background...

For the past few years I've been struggling in the dating pool..basically treading water but getting no where when it comes to girls (i.e. going on dates but no long term relationships, no text backs, no call backs, rejection after rejection). Now don't get me wrong, I am a pretty attractive guy by most standards, and I have even heard from other women. But the thing that really gets me is this..am I doing something wrong?? Why can't I latch onto a woman? Why doesn't she text me back? I have been on PUA forums and dabbled in that shit and some of it works and some it doesn't. But at the end of the day when a simple text to a girl that reads "hey, how's your day going?" and gets no response really gets me all baffled. Since when did society become so shelled in and isolated to a point where a simple text doesn't read a response?? Geez!

Does anybody feel me here??

I feel like i am alone in this. Girl after girl, date after date, I'm still nowhere. I'm 32 yrs old, white male, business owner, college educated, attractive, good morals and standards...and yet I can't even crack a nut when it comes to girls. WTF?!? At this point I don't even know what I'm trying to complain about but let me give you an example. The other night I met this really hot chick (in my opinion) and we got to talking. She was a waitress at IHOP and I basically eyed her and started talking to her. I just texted her yesterday and we had a simple text convo for like 1 hour. She basically asks me "what my motives were" and I'm like "to date, to talk, whatevs". Basic story, ya know? So fast forward to today. I just texted her like over an hour ago.

No response.

Huh??? Did I do something wrong. At this point I don't know I think I have a self-fulfilling prophecy going on where I think that the girl won't text me back and then she doesn't. I hate to believe that it's true but man it seems like I can get a girls number and go on a date or text with her a little bit and then BAM she just disappears off the face of the planet.

I hate my life right now.

Is there a magic pill to basically get rid of the whole idea of girls in general, like not even think about them or desire a relationship? Cause I hate living like this!!

2. Castration would work. But I doubt you would want that.

Really, it sounds like you are try to rush things. I mean you just met a woman at IHOP and the next day you're telling her you want to date? Of course a woman is gonna get turned off by that sort of thing.

Slow it down. Get to know the woman first. Don't text her the next day asking how she is. Try meeting someone who has a common interest. Like a woman working out at the gym, or a woman at one of your pottery classes, or a woman at a non-profit you might volunteer at. That will give you something to talk about, and a good reason to see her again. Don't just meet strange women, talk for an hour or two and then text them the next day saying you want to date. Remember women are looking for intimacy and commitment, and that's something you need to show them you're capable of.

Anyways, I wish you good luck with this.

3. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

I think you are looking at women all wrong. You need to look at women as human beings that you'd like to get to know, not "hotties" you want to "latch onto". I know that sounds a bit harsh and I don't think you are doing that entirely but just something to think about. What does a waitress at IHOP have to offer you? You sound like a successful business man so why are you looking for people without substance (I'm not saying waitresses at IHOP are duds but did you get to know her at all?). Waitresses get hit on all.the.time. so she is probably of the mindset that you are another jerk that just wants to get laid.

Bottom line is you should just do you. Make friends with women and then ask out someone you like. Don't go into it with the mindset of 'will they like me' go into it thinking 'will I like them' and try to see a relationship as something that will add value above and beyond sex.

4. mijereah

mijereah Fapstronaut

Actually we had met last Thurs, I texted her last night on Sunday and texted her again today (Mon). I don't know if that really justifies going to fast..who knows though maybe your'e right.

You have to remember that SHE asked me what my motives were. So I told her I wanted to take her out on a date. I don't think theres any harm to that in the first or second text lol.

5. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Google corey wayne. Get the book. Im in the same boat.

6. rex84

rex84 Fapstronaut

I know how you feel. I say stop chasing after girls, I know, easier said then done right? I say, be thankful for what you have.

7. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

Is it possible you're batting outside of your league? It's great to have ambition, but if you're tired of rejection, maybe spread the love around to some ladies who aren't up to their eyeballs in come-ons already?

Value judgement: If you're 32, don't seek to date "girls". Seek out WOMEN. They're better lovers. Being an adult female isn't just a matter of age, it's a state of mind. To a "girl", a fellow your age has one thing to offer, and not every young miss is that kind, if you know what I mean.

If what you're doing now isn't working, adjust your attitude and your approach. The dating world is tricky for a lot of people, not just you.

And look on the bright side, at least you're not shy! Seriously, if you're getting rejection, that means at least you're putting yourself out there, which puts you one big step closer to success than a lot of guys are. Good luck!

8. mijereah

mijereah Fapstronaut

I usually date 6's and 7's so they are average looking chicks.

9. mijereah

mijereah Fapstronaut

The problem too is that most girls think they are a 9 and 10

10. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

It's called Heroin. It makes everything go away, but heroin.
    Well opiates in general make all sex drive go away and if you are getting pharmacutical opiates your three greatest worries are tylenol, constipation, and overdose. So pure opiates are relatively safe, much safer then alcohol for your body.
    They get a bad rap because of overdose usually resulting from intravenous injection.
    You could try Kratom... it's like an opiate, but it's LEGAL and non narcotic and is quite boring, but it does well to kill sexual desire.