1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Libido, Depression

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Richard905, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Richard905

Richard905 New Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I know my situation sounds weird but I’d appreciate any help at all if you’ve experienced something similar because it’s ruining my life.

I noticed that if I relapse and finish within 5 minutes or so then I am usually fine. The problem occurs when I have urges and I try to repress those urges. If I have a boner I try to repress it but if I keep fantasizing or looking at pictures for too long my boner suddenly gets weaker and my brain changes completely.

I go from being a completely normal happy 19 year old to a depressed lifeless guy. For about a week I remain in this state of depression, low libido, no more morning wood, anxiety, no motivation, brain fog, etc. This started happening about 2 years ago. I became a heavy edger and would edge for hours on end for about a whole year. It’s been a few months since I edged but I can’t help but think that edging could have triggered this problem that I’m now having. I think it’s safe to say that it happens whenever I become too aroused. It’s taking over my life and I don’t know what to do. I went to an endocrinologist and had an ACTH test but she just brushed it off and said these symptoms have nothing to do with any endocrine disorder that she’s aware about.

Please, if you have anything you can share I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Magic Mikee

Magic Mikee Fapstronaut

Ur problem most likely is you haven't successfully completed a 90 day reboot from pmo. Of course your gonna have symptoms if you keep relapsing. The only way to freedom from this shit is abstinence. I also have very low libido and i hate it. It makes me feel like a male without any balls but then again its because i haven't abstained long enough for myself to heal. Your best bet is abstinence.

MarcoM likes this.
  3. DonkeyDrama

DonkeyDrama New Fapstronaut

First of all... Stop relapsing, part of growing up and becoming a man is learning self control and discipline. The consequence of not being able to sustain self control (PMO) is the feeling of lifelessness and depression as you described. This will take control of your life in the long run in more ways you can think if you can't do something as simple as staying away from lude images on a screen and not touching your dick. Your ancestors went through generations of hell to get you to where you are and you're telling me you can't stop masturbating?

I'm being blunt because I was exactly where you are my friend and I don't want you to continue down that road. Edging is just as bad as PMO because your brain is releasing an insane amount of dopamine. The come down is worse because your body is overproducing a hormone and doesn't have enough of the other hormone to help bring it down to proper levels. I'm trying to be less descriptive because some people use it as an excuse to orgasm.

I used to PMO and/or edge multiple times a day to deal with my stress and depression. Of course that just made it even worse, that feeling you describe of depression and lifelessness when you try to suppress your urges is your brain trying to trick you that you need to have an orgasm because it has been addicted to the dopamine that's being released every time you masturbate, you're practically having withdrawals.

Like Magic Mikee said, you need to complete a reboot period before and it'll get easier from there. Quit PMOing and relapsing for 10 days for started and I guarantee you that you will feel better.

Good luck and stay strong

4. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Keep walking mate this shall pass too the day u walk pass u will enjoy and enjoy and enjoy everything. Just chill and watch a anime where the hero starts from being zero to hero their are many