1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to organise job interviews when still in current job?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by JRex, May 4, 2019.

1. JRex

JRex Fapstronaut

Do any of you guys have tips for organising job interviews when you are still working full-time in your current job?

The only options I can see are:
    • arrange for my half-day off, but that limits my search area to the immediate region
    • arrange for my holidays, but that requires some degree of luck with timing
    • pull a sickie
    • ask for a day off for personal reasons
    Thanks for your tips.

2. Cornixico

Cornixico Fapstronaut

Depends alot on the job you have now. And if you want to get a reference from them.

In my own experience I applied for a holiday as soon as I knew the time for the interview. But if I hadn’t have been able to get an interview I would probably have pulled a sickie. Only because the job I had at the time I was only doing for the money and i didn’t care about getting a reference, luckily I was given the holiday time. I actually did 2 interviews which were 300 miles apart. And I only took 4 days holiday. But because I worked 4 days on and 4 days off I actually had 12 days altogether to go to interviews, I had 3 interviews but only did 2 in the end.

If you really want the new job you will find a way.

JRex likes this.
  3. JRex

JRex Fapstronaut

Yes I need to focus my life towards my ultimate goals, and just work towards them no matter what. From that perspective, I can better cope with the difficulties along the road.

Cornixico likes this.
  4. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

I went to job interviews while working a day job several times. Usually I'd arrange the meeting during lunch break (that only works if it's a Skype interview or if the other workplace isn't too far). Sometimes I could have interviews late like 7pm and I would already be out of the office. If these alternatives were not possible I would just take a day off.

5. cardedcape

cardedcape New Fapstronaut

I always say I have an appointment. Half days for interviews that are a couple of hours.