1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Overcoming jealousy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TestParkour, May 7, 2019.

1. TestParkour

TestParkour Fapstronaut

Hi,

I am nearly at 90 days, and my whole life has changed for the better. One thing is kind of messing it up though. I have a great and beautiful girlfriend that I really love, but I found that my attachment issues came with me on the nofap journey. I kind of hate when she wants to hangout with anyone but me, even though I will want to hangout with my friend over her some days myself! I recognize how wrong this is but I literally cannot stop feeling this way. My logical side trusts her 100%, and I feel like she loves me, has said she loves me, but I get really emotional sometimes and start thinking that she is going to leave me. It drives me nuts, and it frankly ruins my evenings. I should be finishing my presentation but I cant stop thinking about how she takes 15min to open my snapchat, but Facebook says she was on messenger 7min ago. I cant help but check. I never act controlling, and keep these feelings to myself, but it drives me nuts.

2. You are overthinking, if you are scared that she will leave you, she may. You are sending signals to universe and they sure come back with something. I would say don't get scared that she will leave but make her scare that you will leave.
    Note: Chicks come and go

3. vapid

vapid Fapstronaut

I used to be like that to a certain degree and I understand how nerve-wracking it is to wait for your partner to respond when we reach out. But I learned to realize that I am not in control of my partner's life. We got to learn to trust them and allow them space to do their thing.

A partner is like a bird in your hand, if you hold it too tight, you'll squeeze it to death, hold it too loose, and it will fly away.

4. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

So you have trust issues, and your a controlling individual in general.
    You must love in such a way that the other person fells free, you sound like your doing the opposite.
    If you keep acting this way around your girlfriend she's gonna start thinking that maybe you don't actually deserve her because you show no trust in her. What you fear you attract
    Plus your only bringing unnecessary suffering to yourself. Jealousy will bring you nothing but misery and it will distract you from your own life goals.
    Just let go, take things one day at the time and most importantly let her be free and show her she can be like that around you.

Best wishes,

vapid likes this.