1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

One week down on the new journey. No major issues at all this time. Which I do find surprising, as I remember how hard the first week was last time. I guess, I’m just a lot busier at the moment.

My determination is high, I will beat my previous streak!

Deleted Account and artifact like this.
  2. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. Checking in. Feeling alive again is so great.

4. That would be impressive. Let's do this!

5. eddy23, if you would like to be a member of our group (listed in the ranking), I can put you on the waiting list, but you will need to activate your counter first.

6. Too much information. We don't need to know about all that.

7. control your life

8. Inkazak

Inkazak Fapstronaut

Dang ! Your right - since this is the second time I’ve received a comment from you, I double checked the rules and read through them again - I’ll be more vigilant in the future and will share those details in a more appropriate sub forum.

artifact and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Checking in today. Starting over.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
  10. Good Morning my friends,
    I am celebrating 135 of sobriety. I feel in a much better place to deal with urges, either the urges are weaker, much weaker, or I am stronger but I will not let this fool me into forgetfulness. I am mindful of my inner processes so I dont fall for that trap. Wishing you all a great week!

11. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

12. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

13. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Checking in day 9.

The new journey continues, and still so far is easier than the first time.

When an urge hits, or I feel a trigger, I use the breathing technique to successfully dispel the urge (or expel the negative energy). This then gives me time to reflect on what my brain was trying to do, to question, and to try and realign or move on. It’s working!!

Other observations are that I’m really enjoying being social again, I’ve found my humour (and others are noticing) and really enjoying the spontaneity of interactions with people I barely know. Experienced that again tonight checking into one of my usual hotels while on a work trip. The girls on reception were very engaging and the spontaneous chat was uplifting (well it was for me, I can’t vouch for them!)

14. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

You're on @artifact . Together we'll hit the 90!
    Don't let me down. You're the inspiration behind this group. Lead the way.

Deleted Account and artifact like this.
  15. Checkin in between sets. Good day here! Also just realized I've been cigarette free for the last 30+ days. It's fucked up that cigarettes were waaaaaay easier than PMO to knock out.

16. I know, right? I'll do my damnedest. Funny that you said this. Just a few minutes before I read this I clicked on a link in a comment section of another site that led to something I shouldn't be looking at. In the past it would have brought me down, but a voice in my head said "You don't have to react to this." Then my next instinct was to visit this thread where I saw your comment. That's the whole point of accountability. When we support each other we are able to achieve things that we wouldn't be able to do alone. So, you better watch out. I'm going to have a good long run this time. :D

17. control your life

18. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in ! Good on you @artifact ! Double digits man ! I'll get there too !!

19. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

For those who are on hard mode, It is usually on day 5 that we start to see the benefits. Forearms get stronger, thoughts become clearer, communication skill starts to improve and you wake up without any regrets! I have changed my strategy a little for controlling the urges. Whenever I feel uneasiness over there, I start lifting weights(it doesn't matter even if it is in the middle of the night) followed by few minutes of spot jogging!

Espi1971 and artifact like this.
  20. @emanuel_free , I appreciate your participation, but you will need to commit to a goal of no PM or no PMO (as indicated by your counter) in order to stay listed in the member ranking.