1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I argue with myself when im about to reset

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, May 9, 2019.

1. Today I came home and becuase noone was at home, which happens to be a fat trigger I wanted to masturbate so i went to the panic button and that helped but I stsrted tslking to myself and arguing with myself. It felt like my personality had beeb split into two, one part the bad and disguti g guy that likes to procrastinate and fap till his dick falls off and the other, more calm temperate and justful guy. It was a legit back and forth but in the end the good guy won but as the days progress i feel it will get very hard and the good guy might collapse.

Any thoughts?

2. Don't listen to your mind when it is trying to get you to give it what it wants. The panic button is good as well as just coming here to read or vent or reach out like you did.

3. Kill off the addict brain by starving it of what it needs to survive. Cut off all access to P. This will be very difficult. The first 20 days without P will be hard to get through. Stick with it, no matter what.

Having APs on this site helps. Get one or three and check in with them every day. One day at a time is how we do this. it is enough!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Yes I already have an AP so hopefully that helps.

Tao Jones likes this.
  5. Gatoroid

Gatoroid Fapstronaut

I like to call mine a dialogue. I try to personify those urges and have an intelligent conversation as to why they feel needed in the current moment.
    Will my leg fall off if I dont pmo? Will the world stop turning? Food for thought

6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

You're just processing. I'm someone that tends to talk to myself, which might be a milder form of this, but it's not about good vs. bad for me anymore. If there is a guy it's a wise guy, but in the true sense - which makes both the good and bad guys look kind of silly. It's when I read something or have the light bulb eureka moment where the other two guys automatically shuts up or doesn't even show up, because they realize they don't know what they're talking about with their one sided perspectives, since something just puts it in perspective. And the new idea, at least for a time is more interesting than PMO. Kind of a braingasm you might say, which is happening on the other end of the central nervous system.

7. Yeah like it's not that my personality splits its just I subconsciously personify the urges .