1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

alchol and smoking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by philip27, May 15, 2019.

1. philip27

philip27 Fapstronaut

so guys I want to know your experiences with alchol and smoking hash, if they slow down your recovery and their effect on pied. I know they aren't good things, but please don't start a moral about them, I just wanna know if someone had problems in recovering :)

2. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

Yeah man, smoking and drinking can cause troubles or difficulties in quitting from my experience. But it depends on the manner of use or abuse and that really goes back to the individual, so everyone is going to be different. It might help to only use those in moderation from what I've come to find. Best wishes brotha hope you manage to find your balance on this.

SirErnest, philip27 and CoolBuddy7 like this.
  3. Smoking weed makes me horny and weakens my willpower, making it impossible to hold a long streaks needed for reboot.

stoneyman22 likes this.
  4. Getting rid of it was crucial in my self development

stoneyman22 likes this.
  5. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

Smoking doesn't have that much of an impact. I don't know about weed though.
    Alcohol on the other hand can really prevent you from recovering. In my experience, being drunk would be a trigger for a relapse, and your "mental guard" is off in those situations.

6. ledener

ledener Fapstronaut

I smoked weed for 5 years and my conclusion is that we should abadon it as it give us anxiety (or, give to me)
    Yes, it has decreased my willpower also, when i was high I couldn't follow my objectives, just layed down in the bad all the day.

And the last thing is that for out spirit, drugs dont make good.
    A real yoga loves the life as it is given by the divine and don't need them to see the things more beautyfull

7. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

There's a time and place for everything, I've smoked for a decade and only recently cut back much. Still enjoy a little buzz to open the heart as yogis have always used it mon..

8. happy camper

happy camper Fapstronaut

SirErnest and stoneyman22 like this.
  9. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

I've found limiting to one or two beers is a good idea. 3 beers is risky business and only on rare occassions do I feel okay doing this with water in between or after at least.

happy camper likes this.
  10. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

I switched to camomile tea. Soothing stuff. :p

FX-05 and stoneyman22 like this.
  11. I used to drink since I was 16. Stopped 3 months ago. I don't want to start again cause I cant control my drinking. I could drink like 7 days in a row and feel okay about it.
    Don't smoke already 7 months. Used to smoke so much that I used to lit 4 cigs in row. I mean, open the window and just smoke one after other. Fuck that.
    None of this is good. Alchohol is even worse, cause it can ruin not just physical state, but also mentality.
    I don't want to drink cause I think of future. Of my kids and wife. Don't want to be that douche screaming on kids kids and beating up wife. Fuck no.
    Also don't need any lung problems. Already caught asthma with smoking, so... Fuck no.

SirErnest, philip27 and stoneyman22 like this.
  12. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

Maybe alcohol everyday is only good for people like me who prefer drinking only one beer. Keeps my heart from hurting so much ya know.. The weed will definitely help to stop smoking cigs IMO that's how I managed to quit smoking those nasty things years ago and haven't even considered picking another cig up since that one really hot girl I love so much offered it to me. And ya know if you do smoke cigs consider switching to a non-chemical laden brand such as American Spirit. The chemicals in the cigs are actually made to be addictive as possible and cigs have doubled in addictivity every 20 years for the past 60 due to new innovations in the chemical blending game. Look into it cigs are meant to be as addictive as possible and damaging to health unless you grow your own or smoke only tobacco without the additives you ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE

13. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

gets me so high I passout everytime (;

properWood likes this.
  14. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

Kratom is a nice herb to try for anyone looking to better their habits without becoming a teetotaler.

philip27 likes this.
  15. mimickxd

mimickxd Fapstronaut

Kratom is an opioid and stimulant FYI. I don't know if it matters for you Stoney, but recommending it to other people, who are already addicts to something (PMO for example) is a little brutal, don't you think :D?

16. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

na it works good man, you should try it too! lol don't over do it guys it's an herbal tea with some mystic powers

17. And don't forget vaping..

stoneyman22 likes this.
  18. Hardcore drinking often leads me to fail-there is definitely a connection with arousal the next day.
    Currently training myself (and sometimes failing) to simply drink less.

stoneyman22 likes this.
  19. T-72 M4

T-72 M4 Fapstronaut

Drinking causing weakening of my will. In the effect I'm relapsing.
    I completely stopped drinking alcohol. It's not worth it at all.

stoneyman22 and properWood like this.