1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does the world seem so polarized?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Blackest_Sheep000, May 16, 2019.

1. Blackest_Sheep000

Blackest_Sheep000 Fapstronaut

In today’s world black and white seem to be the only colors. I believe that the my way or the highway thought process has reached its zenith in 2019 or at least it seems so in online communities.

Case in point:
    1. I got a temporary ban here on Nofap for “Misogyny” simply because I posted a theory about how women select their partners and how different the real world is from the make believe bullshit shown on TV and films.

2. I got banned from a Red Pill forum for not subscribing to all of their ideas. Although I do agree with most of the Red Pill principles but simply because I spoke against arranged marriage I was banned. One user there proposed arranged marriage as the final solution to our loneliness and lack of sexual success. I just countered it by saying that in arranger marriages the father of the girl selects the guy based on wealth/status/looks so it won’t be much helpful and if polygamy was coupled with arranged marriages then Chads would legally fuck us over with monopolizing the market with multiple ladies.

3. I got banned from incels.co because I was “bragging” WTF? I’m a virgin in my mid twenties and how can I brag to make others feel inferior? All I had said on a thread asking about what your most attractive physical/mental features are was that once my ex (a relationship that ended three years ago btw) had once complimented on my straight nose (could be because she had a slightly convex shaped one)
    and saying that when I workout regularly I gain muscle pretty fast because of mesomorph genetics from my grand fathers (both maternal and paternal grand dads were physically athletic and lifting during their youth). And then BOOM. I get perma banned, all posts deleted and I’m erased Orwellian style from the website. For a bunch of guys claiming to be oppressed and who want society to empathize with their plight, they sure are pretty intolerant with their own kind to get the point across. Also some of them came across as sadistic psychopaths with one user recommending mandatory genital mutilation of women’s clits.

4. I got banned form IncelTears and r/theBluepill as well for not agreeing with all the clichéd advices and mainstream ideas that are rampant over there.

5. I’ve got banned from the Donald for criticizing Trump’s twitter shenanigans and disapproving of the “Jews Control the World” theory. I’ve got a ban from liberal communities like r/liberal and r/Politics for disagreeing with certain mainstream liberal views (mostly Immigration)

It doesn’t matter if the forum is right or left wing if you even so much as slightly go against the grain with respect to any idea then ban hammer hits you. No ifs or buts. Online spaces are becoming more and more like echo chambers and less for discussion/debate. If you want to identify as a *insert group name* then you HAVE to buy into all ideas of said group in an absolute fashion and if you don’t buy into all the ideas then you’re not welcome.

Jesus Christ what a hyper polarized world we live in!

I mostly blame political correctness for this. Political correctness made online liberal communities ban/censor contrarians (Conservatives) for differing opinions and then the right reacted with their own echo chambers like the Donald, BB.com Misc, 4chan and TRP. It’s a viscous circle which leaves centrist/middle ground dudes like myself in a limbo.

I btw and don’t even dare speak my real beliefs in real life for fear of beinh judged/stereotyped unless I’m with very close friends or family.

I’m not liberal enough for liberals and I’m too liberal for the right wing. Oh well..

2. Your entire basis for "the world being polarized" are moderators on websites abusing their power. I'd argue that America has, not the entire world. So putting the "world" having a sensitivity problem aside since we can't claim that using your own experiences with a handful of folks with sticks up their asses, absolute power corrupts absolutely and moderators on websites aren't an exception.

Because most folks can't communicate their worldviews well and because banning you would be easier than potentially spending a few days arguing with you, they ban you. It's just part of communicating with folks on forums.

Speaking for myself, I used to play an online game where I was chatting with a woman and I found myself being teleported away from her by one of the admins because I was "harassing" her. Even though we were just having a nice chat.

Those that seek power tend to get it, but don't deserve it.

EDIT: We're also talking about a place where people can act mostly however they want without little consequences. That being the internet.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  3. Blackest_Sheep000

Yeah this had been mostly true in my online experience so far at age 26. Online Mods rampantly abuse their internet powers (maybe it makes them feel special or probably these guys have miserable lives and get their ego boost from throwing their online weight around) I’d say it’s 50-50 between decent moderators and the scum ones.

what does that mean? You can still chat with her even if your virtual selves have been separated, right? Are you referring to Fortnite?

4. Social media plays on people's desire to be validated and looking at how successful apps and sites like Snapchat and Instagram are, it's clear a lot of people have said desire. So yes, the bolded would be on point. Folks like ego boosts, including myself, and since many people suffer from major depression in the United States, validation and ego boosts in the way of narcissism and the faceless abuse of power would temporarily alleviate it.

But of course, who doesn't like ego boosts? It's just better to not actively seek out these boosts, especially at the expense of others, I say.

No, this game is called Second Life. It was a region chat, so as long as I was in the same area, I could talk to her. She wasn't a friend, just a stranger I was being friendly to. Then I got teleported away by the admin. Think she left after that if I recall correctly and I was busy debating with the guy that did the deed.

5. Blackest_Sheep000

She must’ve reported you.

How else will an admin know what two users are chatting about and if you’re harassing her or not?

Also how do you know it was a real girl, maybe it was someone trolling or posing as a lady?

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Incels kicked you for bragging? Probably you said "Good day" instead of "Chad femoid stacy genetics deathfuel rising". You should choose your words wisely.

7. Blackest_Sheep000

t/the Donald. It is a reddit community. Possibly the largest conservative community on Reddit

It really is silly though. They claim to be oppressed and want support but then they drive away people for the most silly thing. How is what I described in the OP equal to bragging unless you’re in a very bad shape mentally.

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Incels. You cannot be sane if you think the world should be the way you want it to be.

9. Probably. I don't know what exactly happened and nor do I care since I don't play the game anymore.

As for how I knew, she put up a picture of herself for all to see and I've noticed on my time on the Internet that women type a little differently than men do. It's subtle, but there.

Sure, the evidence is a bit flimsy, so sure, she might've been a dude, but I still can't care. It's not as if I was trying anything.

10. InnerFaith

InnerFaith Fapstronaut

I would rather argue with someone than have him banned, its more intresting

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. But unfortunately, unlike you, not everyone is secure enough in their own mind to risk being wrong (or be shown that their arguments are faulty). Not that you're saying the following, but it's not that people are afraid to explore topics, they're afraid of their own stances being exposed to all and then having those stances be challenged in some way.

When that is the crux of thinking critically, the crux of learning. Being shown that your abilty to argue needs to improve or that what you think about something is wrong is one of the greatest teachers in the world. But most are too cowardly or too emotional to understand that.

Blackest_Sheep000 and InnerFaith like this.