1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Symptoms of Dopamine Deficiency

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Whiskeyjack, Mar 16, 2015.

1. http://www.livestrong.com/article/346030-symptoms-of-dopamine-deficiency/

This a link from LIVESTRONG. Stumbled upon it today. Felt awful about what I've lost in the last few years.

I was a bright kid at school.
    I was good socially and academically. Things just magically happened. I was quicker than almost everyone at school despite not studying so much.

Now I'm always behind. I have to put in tons of efforts to even remain mediocre. I hardly care about my falling grades or lost friends. Just have a feeling that I will not be able to handle the challenges in life.

How many symptoms have you experienced ? What are difficulties you are facing in quitting this dreadful habit ?

2. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

Well I used to be depressed all the time,.... I do not believe it to be totally from PMO, but everything contributes. I used to have crazy bad insomnia. I only get depressed once in awhile now and from the last relapse I still feel off, which is proof to me that PMO has a very negative effect on myself.
    Lack of focus is definently one of my big things, but I've gotten better in recent years.
    I used to procrastinate a lot too and still do sometimes.
    And at one point I got to were I could not feel pleasure at all. Anhedonia is what it was, terrible feeling.

3. Thanatos : Thanks for your comments ! I advice you to set up a smaller goal. That will keep you motivated !

4. foodman389

foodman389 Fapstronaut

On that article it mentions feet and hands getting cold, which happens to me, I don't know if it comes from dopamine deficiency, but if it does I wouldn't be surprised. I also have had depressive episodes and emotional breakdowns, but then again, who hasn't? Especially when going through something like this. Some of those symptoms might just be expected to be present when quitting an addiction, as common withdrawals.

5. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

Oh by the way I found the dependence on caffiene part to be interesting.
    I am very dependent on my coffee fix. I forgot about that.