1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Mushrooms decriminalized in Colorado

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 15, 2019.

1. Thoughts?

I love Colorado, I think this is a great step forward in the right direction. First they decriminalized marijuana and then are selling it/legalized it, then they decriminalized shrooms. Soon they're going to sell it in stores and hopefully will spread to other states in a reasonable time. It will, but the question is how fast.

I always said shrooms would be the next illegal drug to be decriminalized after weed bc of the fact thats it's 100% natural & unmodified and unharmful to your body. Alot of people dont understand that, and those people more than likely have never used shrooms and/or havent done adequate research

People tend to think thats its harmful bc its always been illegal and the negative stigma around hallucinogenics in general. But theres never been a single death reported from use of shrooms. To be clear, though, there has been deaths related to shrooms. Meaning as the user is tripping, they would do something stupid and get hit by a bus or fall off a cliff when camping, etc. But the drug itself has zero direct deaths or medical issues

I can post countless links to support this claim at this moment but you can research Google if you were unaware. Shrooms have been utilized since the beginning of human civilization, often to help them meditate and pray. Theres alot of research that if you take lower doses (people microdose shrooms so they arent full on tripping, and can have the "high" while being able to function in society). Bc idk if youve full on tripped on shrooms but... well.. you cant exactly function in the same way as if you were high on weed. Usually this is done with PTSD patients, but people do it recreationally for other purposes.

For now, im happy the public is starting to recognize this and decriminalizing this. It's said shrooms are less harmful then weed even (if you take account the smoke you inhale). But the drug compound of both are harmless, and actually provides medicinal benefits.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am against the use of drugs, but legalizing them means any kind of crime around that drugs pummels down. I do not even live there so I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

3. Exactly.

4. Music Man

Music Man Fapstronaut

To clarify, private possession and use of shrooms were decriminalized in Denver (not the entire state of Colorado), but distributing them remains illegal. The ballot initiative just made enforcement of the ban on possession and use such a low priority that the police will never bother with it, and it banned spending resources on punishing violators.

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

So everything stays the same but now everyone is on drugs. Cannot see it as a good thing.

6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

stupid actions will increase

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Super Mario shall rise.

8. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Fapstronaut

I never had any desire to live in a society filled with and run by potheads. I certainly don't have any desire to surround myself with shroom-heads. It's not the de-criminalization itself that bothers me, as much as the culture that celebrates its usage. I have never once met or heard of a person who regularly gets high, who also aspires to do anything with his life...besides get high.

Deleted Account and JPDrive like this.
  9. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

You haven't looked very hard.

10. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Fapstronaut

You're not wrong. I admit ignorance on this subject

11. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

I mean you dont have to look hard and you'll find athletes get baked musicians and people in creative hobbies/jobs like that. Weed is very popular in the jiu-jitsu community too.
    From the outside looking in getting stoned may just look like a lot of laziness but it help you see things from a different perspective a more unbiased perspective a lot of the time. Weed or no weed them lazy potheads would have been lazy anyway but those focused and motivated potheads claimed they wouldn't be able to do what they do without it.
    Have you ever smoked weed?

12. IR254

IR254 Fapstronaut

Actually it's a huge improvement from the criminal justice apparatus' point of view.

13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Well I actually don't know if there is a criminal traffic of mushrooms.

14. IR254

IR254 Fapstronaut

In most countries, where drugs are illegal, you'll face criminal charges just for carrying drugs (including mushrooms). However, this system is highly problematic and not really fullfilling it's initial purpose. By cutting that away, you get rid of tons of unnessacary work, which then has huge benefitial effects on the functioning of the criminal justice system as well as the users themselves.

15. JPDrive

JPDrive Fapstronaut

16. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I suppose we will have to wait and see how things unfold after this. It may sound good on paper there is a possibility that it could backfire.

17. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Unfortunately these drugs (Quaaludes) don't exist anymore aha. Though I did hear people have started making them in garage labs.

18. JPDrive

JPDrive Fapstronaut

I can’t see that possibly going out of style.

19. Wankeroni

Wankeroni Fapstronaut

You can't really put magic mushrooms in the same category as all drugs. If anything, taking mushrooms is the farthest thing away from taking drugs just to get high, but rather it's a spiritual ritual.

20. I just got an offer for them today, $150 a pill. Loving wolf of wall st, ive always wanted to do them but it sounds to good to be true

Jackb97 likes this.